Please Help, Password Protected Jet Databases

Please Help, Password Protected Jet Databases

Post by Attila the Hu » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Dear All,

I wish to open an Access database which has a database password set from
within Visual Basic.  I would like to know how i can successfully use the
OpenDatabase method to gain access to the database.  At present when i
attempt to do this i get a bad password message.  Preferably I do not
want to have to change any of the User/Group permissions to do this.

Many thanks

Dave Blackburn.

Please Help, Password Protected Jet Databases

Post by David Thoma » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Use the SetDefaultWorkspace Command to specify the User Name and Password.

This should work unless your system.mda which defines the passwords is not
the default

Regards

David Thomas

Quote:> Dear All,