SQL 6.5 Question for Gurus

Post by Sivathasa » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

SQL 6.5 Server Gurus

I was trying to install SQL Server and connect to using VB5
(Small Business Server)
I have some simple questions

Q1. How can I add an Access MDB file (located in the server) to the
SQL Server so that it will be listed in the Database list of
the server

Q2. If I have developed and tested an application using access
database first, can I convert it to SQL database later. If so How ?

Q3. What will be the best method of connecting to SQL server?
ODBC, SQLOLE, or any other type

SQL 6.5 Question for Gurus

Post by Craig Wilso » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Sivathasan

Microsoft? Access Upsizing Tools allows you to create your solution in
Microsoft Access and upsize it by moving your database to Microsoft SQL
Server?.

http://www.microsoft.com/AccessDev/ProdInfo/AUT97dat.htm

Follow this link and download the upsizing wizard.

>Q2. If I have developed and tested an application using access
>database first, can I convert it to SQL database later. If so How ?

1. ****Question for SQL Server GURU's**** SQL Server 6.5 on a Domain Controller

Can some of you guys enlighten me on the issues involved when running
a SQL Server on a Domain Controller. I know it is bad and I am on a
client site trying to talk them out of this but I need some good
reenforcing arguments. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Dave Jimenez
"Deep in the Heart of Texas"

2. Enterprise Management Theater

3. Q: Minor SQL Guru seeking Major SQL Guru !!

4. JOB: 4GL/SQL RDBMS Apps Developer (PCHJ.10069)

5. Help

6. migrating sql databases sever 6.5 from sql server 6.5 to another sql server 6.5

7. On Failure Workflow

8. Newbie question... ODBC and SQL server 6.5 Question

9. SQL Gurus: Time SQL question

10. Non Oracle-specific SQL question for SQL Guru's

11. SQL question for SQL Gurus