Where to get MSAccess ODBC Driver

Post by Philippe Ecail » Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Dear all,
I would like to get my hands on ODBC but I don't have any server. The
only database I have is Access. Where could i get the odbc driver for
it ?
Thanks all

philippe

Where to get MSAccess ODBC Driver

Post by Joe Foster of Bo » Tue, 26 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Dear all,
> I would like to get my hands on ODBC but I don't have any server. The
> only database I have is Access. Where could i get the odbc driver for
> it ?
> Thanks all
> philippe

The MS Desktop ODBC 2.0 Driver Pack has one for Access 2.x MDB's that
should also work for 1.x. It's available on the MSDN Level 2 CD's or
from Microsoft directly for something like US$5. Unfortunately,
it also installs buggy DLL's, so you'll need the following patches:

<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/accsvc.exe>
<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/ww1116.exe>

1. MSAccess ODBC driver & ODBC libraries

Recently I downloaded MDAC to write a database frontend in Borland
C++Builder, but it won't read the library (.lib) files that come with it!
TLIB says something about a bad header or something...
Also, is the MSAcces ODBC driver on the net for free download, or does one
need to have Access? Or is the driver that comes with Acess distributable?
If so, which files do I distribute?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wilderness Child

2. Urgent need of (paid) PostgreSQL support in New

3. JDBC/ODBC MSAccess driver not capable

4. T-SQL Debugger in Visual Basic

5. Sybase ODBC driver from MSACCESS

6. AP-Pro devices

7. Problem with MSACCESS ODBC Driver

8. backdoor passwords

9. MSAccess ODBC driver slow-down on upgrade from VC++ 5.0 to 6.0

10. Which ODBC driver for MSAccess?

11. ODBC driver/MSAccess/Sybase

12. Problems getting return value from stored procedure with new ODBC drivers

13. getting errors when trying to connect via intersolv's odbc 32 bit driver