Applet to Oracle communication

Post by Irfan Mohamme » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi

Is it possible to connect to an Oracle database on the server from an applet
using JDBC or some other way.

Thanks
Irfan

Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak?
                        -Steven Wright

1. Communication Java Applet and Oracle Database

Hello,
I have the following problem: i want to write a Java Applet that receives
Data from a database. The Applet is loaded from machine A, where the
web-server is on, and wants to access the data from machine B that is
behind a firewall, where ORACLE is. My question is, how can i do this? What
software do i need an machine A? Is there a portmapper from ORACLE? Or do i
need the Application Server? Can anybody give me some advice?

Thank you!

Harald

2. MS Access

3. Applet-Servlet Communications.

4. Network Appliance with Oracle?

5. Problem with Applet Servlet communication

6. Transaction Isolation Levels

7. applet to servlet communication

8. TM/1 Perspectives

9. Communication between Java Applet and Javascript

10. Applet-Servlet communications

11. Applet Servlet Communication in NES using Object Serialization

12. http communication between applet and servlet