Run-time error 10 - This array is fixed or temproarily locked

Run-time error 10 - This array is fixed or temproarily locked

Post by Ellen Siegfrie » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Can anyone provide direction for the resolution of this error message?  I
have no clue as to where it is coming from or how to resolve it.  I have a
VB5 (SP3) application, database is connected with an odbc connection, with
Crystal Reports 7 intergrated thoughout.  The application runs without this
error in the development enviroment but running the executable results in
this error.  I have not found a pattern that results in the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Ellen

Run-time error 10 - This array is fixed or temproarily locked

Post by Ellen Siegfrie » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I've found my answer in the knowledge base Q176049.
Thank you for your time.
Ellen

Quote:> Hello,

> Can anyone provide direction for the resolution of this error message?  I
> have no clue as to where it is coming from or how to resolve it.  I have a
> VB5 (SP3) application, database is connected with an odbc connection, with
> Crystal Reports 7 intergrated thoughout.  The application runs without
this
> error in the development enviroment but running the executable results in
> this error.  I have not found a pattern that results in the error.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you in advance.
> Ellen

1. Error 10 - Locked Array or Fixed

I am getting a Default Protection error in VBA2.DLL which when I click
ignore several times, an Error 10 (This array is fixed or temporarily
locked) appears after exiting out a called to SQLExtendedFetch.  I
declare a string variable called Customer.  I execute SQLBindCol to
bind the Customer column, then call SQLExtendedFetch.  I do not
demension the array it is done somehow with the SQLBindCol, I guess.
I get the default protection error on an End Sub line which means a
problem has occurred before when fetching the data. Below is a summary
of my problem and does anyone know a way to solve this:

What is happening is that I executed a SQL statement to select records
from two different tables, one is a Customer information table and the
second table contains several orders for each customer with a
relational ID field. I call SQLExtendedFetch and load a DBGrid
(Sheridan's grid from Data Widget) with one record for each customer.
Then after all the customer records are loaded into the grid, I do
SQL_FETCH_FIRST, and load the orders information for the first
customer in a second grid. When the user clicks on a customer record
on the first grid, I call SQLExtendedFetch using SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE
with the row number of that customer to retrieve their orders to be
displayed in the 2nd grid.  It's here when I get either the Default
Protection Error or Error 10 when the second customer has only 1 order
and the first customer had 3 orders.  If I execute a SQL statement to
bring back all the customers in the table, I do not get any errors and
I am able to select any records in the first grid and it shows the
customer orders in the second grid.  But if I limit the select
statement to give me customers with orders on a certain day, I get
this error.  What is so stupid about it is that it actually loads the
grid with the correct information.  I have a separate sub routine that
does this.  As soon as I step on the End Sub line to get out of the
routine, I get the default protection error.

2. bulk insert of dates

3. Lock a row

4. Run-Time error '10' This array is fixed or temporarily locked

5. Improve performance

6. Fixing run-time error 424: object required (DBEngine)

7. Trigger Blunder

8. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

9. Pdox 10, Pdox 10 Runtime, and Printing GPF

10. Locking error, DataControl Error, or am I stupid ?

11. Locking Errors and HPUX 10