Embed a Word document in Access

Post by Ken Pinar » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

What are you trying to do?

Have a document stored in a table?

Display the document in an unbound control?

control a document using VB to modify its contents?

--
Ken Pinard

www.pinard.com

Portland Access User Group
www.paug.com

Quote:> Hi

> I want to embed a Word document in an Access-DB with DAO. I know only the
> possibility to do that by using an OLE-control in a form. I want to do it
> only with DAO code.

> Thanks
> Oli

Embed a Word document in Access

Post by Oliver Wulf » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I use Access only as the database. The front-end will be developed in VB.
The user can edit the document in Word.

At the beginning, the document exists somewhere in the filesystem. Then I
want to embed it in an Access-table (no link to the file). The file in the
filesystem will be deleted.

The document will not be showed in a control.

Later, I want to copy the embeded Word document into a temporary directory.
Word will be started and this document will be opened. The user can make
some changes to the document. Then, the file will be embeded to the Access
table.
Or
If I double click on an embeded Word document in Access, Word will be
started and the document opened. I don't know, if I can simulate this with
the DAO?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Oli

Ken Pinard schrieb in Nachricht ...

>What are you trying to do?

>Have a document stored in a table?

>Display the document in an unbound control?

>control a document using VB to modify its contents?

>--
>Ken Pinard

>www.pinard.com

>Portland Access User Group
>www.paug.com

>> Hi

>> I want to embed a Word document in an Access-DB with DAO. I know only the
>> possibility to do that by using an OLE-control in a form. I want to do it
>> only with DAO code.

>> Thanks
>> Oli

1. Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

My problem is :

I have an Access 2000 DB.
A table contains a field of type "OLE Data".
This field contains Microsoft Word's embedded documents.
What I want is to generate word documents for each of the record
programatically in VB. But not succeeded yet.
I also need to do it from SQL Server DB, as I have upsized my Access DB to
SQL Server and it is exported in an Image type of field. How can I generate
document files from this Access or SQL Server DB.

I tried to achieve it in 2 ways; first I tried:
Created a form, inserted a data control and an OLE control, bound it with
the required field.
When I run the VB program, it successfully opens the docudments from DB in
the control.
Then I tried to save the control data using "OLE1.SaveToFile" method to
generate a document.
It generated a document but unfortunately this document is not in the
correct MS Word format so not opening in Word.

and secondly I used Getchunk method but the result was same.

I hope you can understand my problem. I need a quick response. Thanks in
advance for help.

Zaki

2. HHHHEEEELLLLP ! REPLICATION ERRROR !

3. Filemaker record to word document and word document list

4. Value versus DisplayValue

5. Embedding a Word document in a SQL Server 7 table column

6. CRecordset Update() and multi-user db

7. Word objects from Acces via VB6 to WORD document

8. New ODBC & JDBC Drivers For CA-OpenIngres

9. Word-Document in ACCESS 97

10. Edit Access OLE object Word document from VB 3

11. Saving Word Document into Access Ole Field

12. x/y graphing and links to MS-Word documents from Access DB

13. Word Documents in Access