DAO version 3.5 vs. 3.51 .dbengine properties

DAO version 3.5 vs. 3.51 .dbengine properties

Post by Lee » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:31:59

HI all,
I am trying to list all the properties of the dao.dbengine object (DAO 3.51)
however it appears my documentation is VB5 and so  calls on the DAO 3.5
library when the Documentation lists the DAO 3.5 library it shows a "value"
property for the properties collection, with my limited amount of knowledge
I assume because I have available DAO 3.51 this property has changed, or
something to do with the DAO object anyways
This is what I have - a function called as ..

ShowType(VarTypeCode as Variant) as String  'just a simple select case for
all type constraints ie.

Public function ShowType(VarTypeCode as Variant) as String

                   Dim Str as string

                   Select case vbnull
                             Str = "Null"
                   Case vblong
                             Str = "long"
'rem  this goes for a bit
                   Ect..

Showtype = str

Private sub cmddbengine_click()

On error goto localerror

Dim objitem as object
dim strmsg as string

Strmsg = ""
  For each objitem in dbbengine.properties
   Strmsg = strmsg & objitem.name
   Strmsg = strmsg &"="
   Strmsg = strmsg &objitem.value
   Strmsg = strmsg & "-"
   Strmsg = strmsg & showtype(objectitem.type) & "-"
   Strmsg = strmsg & vbcrlf
 Next

Msgbox strmsg,vbexclamation,"DBENGINE"

Exit sub

Localerror:
Strmsg = "<err>"
Resume next
End sub

Can someone please point out some of the faults or better yet a resource for
understanding the changes form version to version.Thnx Much

DAO version 3.5 vs. 3.51 .dbengine properties

Post by Douglas J. Steel » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 07:29:04

Sorry, but what's your question? You don't seem to be indicating any
problem!

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:

> HI all,
> I am trying to list all the properties of the dao.dbengine object (DAO
3.51)
> however it appears my documentation is VB5 and so  calls on the DAO 3.5
> library when the Documentation lists the DAO 3.5 library it shows a
"value"
> property for the properties collection, with my limited amount of
knowledge
> I assume because I have available DAO 3.51 this property has changed, or
> something to do with the DAO object anyways
> This is what I have - a function called as ..

> ShowType(VarTypeCode as Variant) as String  'just a simple select case for
> all type constraints ie.

> Public function ShowType(VarTypeCode as Variant) as String

>                    Dim Str as string

>                    Select case vbnull
>                              Str = "Null"
>                    Case vblong
>                              Str = "long"
> 'rem  this goes for a bit
>                    Ect..

> Showtype = str

> Private sub cmddbengine_click()

> On error goto localerror

> Dim objitem as object
> dim strmsg as string

> Strmsg = ""
>   For each objitem in dbbengine.properties
>    Strmsg = strmsg & objitem.name
>    Strmsg = strmsg &"="
>    Strmsg = strmsg &objitem.value
>    Strmsg = strmsg & "-"
>    Strmsg = strmsg & showtype(objectitem.type) & "-"
>    Strmsg = strmsg & vbcrlf
>  Next

> Msgbox strmsg,vbexclamation,"DBENGINE"

> Exit sub

> Localerror:
> Strmsg = "<err>"
> Resume next
> End sub

> Can someone please point out some of the faults or better yet a resource
for
> understanding the changes form version to version.Thnx Much

1. DAO 3.51 vs 3.6 and the dbengine.repairdatabase

What is the main difference in DAO 3.51 and 3.6 please?
I was using 3.6 until I found that the repairdatabase option wasn't available
so I swapped to 3.51 and so far everything else still seems to be working fine
but I'm concerned that I may have overlooked something.
Thanks for all replies.
Chris

2. Delphi 1.x - TTable.Modified BUG? HELP!!!!

3. DAO 3.5 / 3.51 / 3.6

4. OAS-Beginner-Question

5. DAO 3.5 / 3.51 problem

6. Can someone tell me why this doesn't work?

7. Installing DAO 3.51 DBEngine

8. DAO 3.6 vs DAO 3.5 (VB6.0 sp3)

9. DAO 3.6 vs DAO 3.5 openrecordset

10. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5