JDBC connection problem in netbeans with MySql

JDBC connection problem in netbeans with MySql

Post by michael sherra » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:34:31

I'm trying to set up the MM.MySQL JDBC driver in netbeans but I can't
seem to get the connection to work.  In Netbeans database explorer
when I try to enter my database url of
'jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/AgentStatements' in the 'New Database
Connection' dialog, I get the following error message 'cannot
establish a connection  to jdb:mysql://localhost:3306/AgentStatements
using org.git.mm.mysql.Driver (Invalid authorization specification:

YES)'.

My Mysql server is running on port 3306 and I have created a database
called AgentStatements.  I think the problem is the localhost part of
my database url but I don't have an IP address to use.

I'm really kind of lost and could use some help. Any suggestions on
what I could try next?

Thanks!

Post by Lee Fesperma » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:28:02

> I'm trying to set up the MM.MySQL JDBC driver in netbeans but I can't
> seem to get the connection to work.  In Netbeans database explorer
> when I try to enter my database url of
> 'jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/AgentStatements' in the 'New Database
> Connection' dialog, I get the following error message 'cannot
> establish a connection  to jdb:mysql://localhost:3306/AgentStatements
> using org.git.mm.mysql.Driver (Invalid authorization specification:

> YES)'.

> My Mysql server is running on port 3306 and I have created a database
> called AgentStatements.  I think the problem is the localhost part of
> my database url but I don't have an IP address to use.

You see in the error message that it's looking for localhost.localdomain instead of just
localhost (I believe certain flavors of Linux do that.) Add an entry to the mysql.user
table with the host column as 'localhost.localdomain'. I think that should work.

--
Lee Fe*an, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.veryComputer.com/)
* The Ultimate DBMS is here!

Post by michael sherra » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:38:54

> > I'm trying to set up the MM.MySQL JDBC driver in netbeans but I can't
> > seem to get the connection to work.  In Netbeans database explorer
> > when I try to enter my database url of
> > 'jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/AgentStatements' in the 'New Database
> > Connection' dialog, I get the following error message 'cannot
> > establish a connection  to jdb:mysql://localhost:3306/AgentStatements
> > using org.git.mm.mysql.Driver (Invalid authorization specification:

> > YES)'.

> > My Mysql server is running on port 3306 and I have created a database
> > called AgentStatements.  I think the problem is the localhost part of
> > my database url but I don't have an IP address to use.

> You see in the error message that it's looking for localhost.localdomain instead of just
> localhost (I believe certain flavors of Linux do that.) Add an entry to the mysql.user
> table with the host column as 'localhost.localdomain'. I think that should work.

Thanks for the reply.  I finally got my problem fixed by adding a new
user entry in the mysql.user table.  I entered a host name of '%' and
a user name of 'mike'.  After that I was able to connect with the jdbc
driver.

Post by Lee Fesperma » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:01:30

> > You see in the error message that it's looking for localhost.localdomain instead of
> > just localhost (I believe certain flavors of Linux do that.) Add an entry to the
> > mysql.user table with the host column as 'localhost.localdomain'. I think that
> > should work.

> Thanks for the reply.  I finally got my problem fixed by adding a new
> user entry in the mysql.user table.  I entered a host name of '%' and
> a user name of 'mike'.  After that I was able to connect with the jdbc
> driver.

Oh well, at least I pointed you to the right system table. Thanks for the feedback.

--
Lee Fe*an, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.veryComputer.com/)
* The Ultimate DBMS is here!
* FirstSQL/J Object/Relational DBMS  (http://www.veryComputer.com/)

1. Problem With mysql and NetBeans

Hi to everyOne..!!

I'm a NewBie..
My problem is:
How can tell to NetBeans Ide the mysql's class???!!!!
when i try to use it with the driver "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" the
compiler
say :" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

I have also set the classpath with
"mysql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar"..
I'm going CRaZy!!! :)

how can tell to NeTBeans the external component as mysql??!!

. thanks a Lot ..

N.B. Sorry my english! ;)

2. Running a script

3. Problem with connection to mySQL with JDBC

4. Need a database

5. JDBC - MySQL Connection Problem

6. I-NET Slow

7. MySQL and jdbc connection problem

8. strange entries in SQLNET.LOG

9. Problem With JDBC Connection to MySQL(???)

10. MySQL and jdbc connection problem

11. Problem With JDBC Connection to MySQL(???)

12. MySQL connection type jdbc connection refused, It used to work

13. Problem with passwords (MySQL, mm.mysql.jdbc driver)