Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

Post by Bruce Hopkin » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does antbody know of a PURE java database that is availabe NOW?
Not tomorrow, not Sunday, but now! I am sick of all of the itty, bitty,
database vendors posting that they have a pure java db, but there they
provide no trial of their product. Either that, or they promise the
product "soon". What's soon? I need one NOW.

Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

Post by Scott Ca » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

   I make no claims regarding any suitibility for anything.  You have been
warned.  (I made this same declairation after Clinton was elected and darned if
I wasn't right)

   Gamelan's relevant page...
http://www.developer.com/pages/Gamelan.programming.db.html

some interesting java databases backends...
http://jersey.uoregon.edu/ser/software/jDB/index.html
http://users.ids.net/~bjepson/
http://www.ceasar.demon.co.uk/InstantDB.htm
http://twinge.ncsa.uiuc.edu/decibel/

says...

Quote:

>Hi,

>Does antbody know of a PURE java database that is availabe NOW?
>Not tomorrow, not Sunday, but now! I am sick of all of the itty, bitty,
>database vendors posting that they have a pure java db, but there they
>provide no trial of their product. Either that, or they promise the
>product "soon". What's soon? I need one NOW.

Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

Post by Gabriel B. Gonzal » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:50:41 -0400, Bruce Hopkins

>Does antbody know of a PURE java database that is availabe NOW?

Someone posted this: (No guarantess, since I have not even seen it)

----  CUT HERE ------

Version 0.9 of InstantDB, the free, 100% Java, relational database is
now available and can be downloaded from:

http://www.ceasar.demon.co.uk/InstantDB.htm

This release supports the ORDER BY clause in queries. It also modifies
the diagnostic trace model and fixes some transaction processing bugs.

-----  CUT HERE ------

HTH,

gg
Gabriel B. Gonzalez           Information and Computer Science & Biology

Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

Post by Nick Sla » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

The URL for jbDevelopments Harmonia is www.jbdev.com.  They have a 30 day
trial version.

The lite version only costs $125, and seems great value.

I downloaded, and installed it last week, and have not hd any problems.

Nick

Post by Joshua Duh » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Does antbody know of a PURE java database that is availabe NOW?
> Not tomorrow, not Sunday, but now! I am sick of all of the itty, bitty,
> database vendors posting that they have a pure java db, but there they
> provide no trial of their product. Either that, or they promise the
> product "soon". What's soon? I need one NOW.

Give a look at Harmonia by JB Development: http://www.jbdev.com
It is a commercial Java relational database, supporting SQL and
used for single user applications.

There is also Object Design's PSE and PSE Pro, but they do not
use a JDBC driver.  They provide pure object persistence for Java
objects in a native, non-SQL store.

-- Joshua Duhl
Stillpoint Consulting
email: Remove "_remove_this_to_reply_" from above email address to
respond

Post by Timothy C. Delan » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Version 0.9 of InstantDB, the free, 100% Java, relational database is
> now available and can be downloaded from:

> http://www.ceasar.demon.co.uk/InstantDB.htm

InstantDB is good (the ORDER BY clause is actully due to me telling Peter
Hearty that I considered it a priority). InstantDB is not complete, but
for most work it should be fine.

Another possibility is Harmonia, however I do not have their url on me
right now.

--
<http://www.zip.com.au/~magao/standard_disclaimer.html>

                                       _/_/_/_/
   __|  __|        _/_|     _/_/_/      _/_|     _/_/_/
  _/_| _/_|      _/  _|   _/          _/  _|   _/    _/
 -/ _|_/ _|    _/_/_/_|  _/ _/_/_/  _/_/_/_|  _/    _/
_/  __/  _|  _/      _|  _/_/_/   _/      _|  _/_/_/

TCD Software Pty Limited

Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

Post by Gonzalo de Silv » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Este es un mensaje multipartes en formato MIME.
--------------21573E8C3A9C1B230BB3D3CD

Bruce Hopkins escribi:

Quote:> Hi,

> Does antbody know of a PURE java database that is availabe NOW?
> Not tomorrow, not Sunday, but now! I am sick of all of the itty, bitty,
> database vendors posting that they have a pure java db, but there they
> provide no trial of their product. Either that, or they promise the
> product "soon". What's soon? I need one NOW.

I use DB2/2 - IBM with java without JDBC ni driver native.
I use native conexion betwen java and the DB2/2 sever using TCP/IP.

--------------21573E8C3A9C1B230BB3D3CD

begin:          vcard
fn:             Juan Gonzalo de Silva Medina
n:              de Silva Medina;Juan Gonzalo
org:            EL MONTE
adr:            PL Villasis 2;;;Sevilla;Sevilla;41003;Spain

title:          Analista Programador
tel;work:       34-5-4591436
tel;fax:        34-5-4591448
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

Post by Pete Yare » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>Does antbody know of a PURE java database that is availabe NOW?
>Not tomorrow, not Sunday, but now! I am sick of all of the itty, bitty,
>database vendors posting that they have a pure java db, but there they
>provide no trial of their product. Either that, or they promise the
>product "soon". What's soon? I need one NOW.

I highly recommend JBDevelopment's Harmonia product as well.  It is an
excellent product from an excellent company.

Pete Yared
NetDynamics

Post by Weiqi Ga » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> > Does antbody know of a PURE java database that is availabe NOW?
> > Not tomorrow, not Sunday, but now! I am sick of all of the itty, bitty,
> > database vendors posting that they have a pure java db, but there they
> > provide no trial of their product. Either that, or they promise the
> > product "soon". What's soon? I need one NOW.

> Give a look at Harmonia by JB Development: http://www.jbdev.com
> It is a commercial Java relational database, supporting SQL and
> used for single user applications.

> There is also Object Design's PSE and PSE Pro, but they do not
> use a JDBC driver.  They provide pure object persistence for Java
> objects in a native, non-SQL store.

A very impressive fast, small footprint, robust, modern, ANSI standard
SQL, multiplatform, low cost, enbedable, Web friendly, relational
database management system, with ODBC as the its standard CLI interface
on not only Windows platforms but also UNIX platforms, and with class
four 100% pure Java JDBC driver everywhere Java is available, can be had
right now.

The product is called the SOLID Server, available from
http://www.solidtech.com.  Get an evaluation copy TODAY!

--
Weiqi Gao