How to link to Database linked forms ?

Post by Ridha Zmitr » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello every body,

I'm beginning with VB 5.0.
Can someone tell me how to for this:
- I have form1 linked with a database
- I have a button in form1 which load form2 (linked with the same Database)
How to do to open form2 on the same recordset that the one in form1 (there
is the same IDKey in the two forms).

Thank you very much for helping.

Ridha

How to link to Database linked forms ?

Post by Timothy Ree » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Ridha,
    If you pass the IDKey from form1 to form2, then in your form2 load do a
query on your dataset for that IDKey.  For example, on form1 I am looking at
IDKey of 8 out of 16.  I assign a public variable IDKeyVar = 8.  When I open
Form2 I do a query where Table.IDKey = form1.IDKeyVar.  This should work.

my page at www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1904

Tim Reed