ERROR 3001 - "Invalid Argument"

Post by Bruce Wilk » Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I'm attempting to utilize the CreateDatabase command in VB 3.0 under
Windows 3.11 with the code provided in VB Help and I keep getting an
"invalid argument" ERROR 3001.  Can anybody give me some reason why?
The expression is quite straightforward and I am conforming to the
conventions  -

DIM DB as Database
DIM DBNAME as String
DBNAME = "B:\NEWDB.MDB"
Set DB = CreateDatabase(DBNAME, DB_LANG_GENERAL)

etc., etc.

It crashes on the SET command line every time .....

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Myakl » Mon, 22 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:(Bruce Wilkey) writes:
>DIM DB as Database
>DIM DBNAME as String
>DBNAME = "B:\NEWDB.MDB"
>Set DB = CreateDatabase(DBNAME, DB_LANG_GENERAL)

>etc., etc.

>It crashes on the SET command line every time .....

>Any help would be appreciated.

if the VB constant file is not included in the PRJ then DB_LANG is
undefined