Reportsmith, SBL, dates?

Post by Jason A. Louck » Tue, 11 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I am running Windows NT 3.51 and Delphi 2.0 with ReportSmith 3.0 that came
with it.  I am writing a timecard program and one of the reports is to sum
hours worked over the week and only show the weekly totals.  I was hoping I
could do this in ReportSmith with a macro. (Set up a calculated field that
calculates the end of the week for each date and then group on that field.)
I did that and can group on the Julian Date, but everything I try to convert
that darn Julian date to a string date either returns an error or causes
Reportsmith to crash (generating a DR Watson log)...  What am I doing wrong?
I need to display the week - ending date with the sums.  I am at my wits end.

Thanks,

Jason A. Loucks

1. ReportSmith & Date Variable

procedure PassVar;
var s: string;
begin
   s := DateToStr(Date);
   s := '''' + s + ''''; {this is not needed for regular strings.}

   report1.run;
end;

Apparently you must concatenate string quotes to the string.
Regards,
Patrick

2. SORT ORDER IN IB

3. Dates to ReportSmith

4. Querying Column Names

5. ReportSmith Problem Sending Date Parameters from V1

6. BTrieve as mission-critical NT4 Database

7. ReportSmith: British dates?

8. Does no-one send dates to ReportSmith??????

9. Sending a date to ReportSmith

10. REPORTSMITH : reportsmith variables

11. ((Current Date - Start Date)/(End Date - Start Date))*Contract Amt

12. Dates, Dates, & More Dates