How do I Supress ADODC1 error?

Post by Mike Alvare » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:24:44

With Win2000 Advanced Server,VB6 SP4, mdac 2.5, ado data control, Access
2000 mdb.
Sometimes, when I do a Data3.Refresh or Data3.Recordset.Requery, I get this
error in a modal message box:
"The database has been placed in in a state by user 'admin' on machine
'2000server' that prevents it from being opened or locked  <OK>"
The database is probably busy, and I have "on error resume xxx" code to wait
and try again later, but I don't want the user to see this message, however,
I am unable to supress this message no matter what I try.
Does anyone have a idea on how to supress this message

1. Adodc1.Recordset.Update Error

Hi  The following Code Errors can somebody tell me an easy way to update
without the errors.
Is it Because there is an AutoNumber Field or something

Adodc1.Recordset.Update

'I think there's something missing here<---------I Have tried
Adodc1.Record.Move 0

'and then I alter the record
Adodc1.Recordset!Record = variableNewRecord
Adodc1.Recordset.Update <----------------Run Time Errors after Second Update

krgrds
John Roy

2. link to documents in access

3. error when set adodc1.recordset = nothing

4. Performance of database appl on UNISYS 5000?

5. Adodc1 error

6. SQLEye

7. ADODC1 error or warning...

8. Hidden Table using DAO

9. How to supress an error in Oracle Stored Procedure

10. Supress error message in stored procedure

11. Supress Display of Oracle Error Messages in SQL*PLus

12. Supress ADODC errors

13. Supress part of error message