Are Table-type recordsets "self-refreshing"?

Are Table-type recordsets "self-refreshing"?

Post by Eugene Fridma » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:41:47

Hi,

I have DAO 3.6 record opened in MS Jet workspace (Access 2000) with
"dbOpenTable" parameter.  Do I need to do any "refreshing" to keep it in
sync with underlining database? Or is it listening to table changes and
updates itself on its own?

Post by Joe » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:21:00

> I have DAO 3.6 record opened in MS Jet workspace (Access 2000) with
> "dbOpenTable" parameter.  Do I need to do any "refreshing" to keep it in
> sync with underlining database? Or is it listening to table changes and
> updates itself on its own?

They shouldn't need refreshing, though I haven't actually tested this
in DAO 3.6.  There may be a few seconds' delay in picking up changes,
however.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Sacrament R2-45 <http://www.xenu.net/>

Are Table-type recordsets "self-refreshing"?

Post by E. Fridm » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 23:00:38

Joe,

Thank you very much for reply.

Just want to double-check if I may. I assume that all the following
scenarios are covered by your answer, right?

1. multiple shared read-write recordsets are opened concurrently for
the same table in the same VB application

2. multiple VB applications (or instances of the same application)
open shared read-write recorset for the same table

3. VB application is running concurrently with MS Access updating the
same table in shared mode

I do not have any particular problem, just trying to learn this stuff.

TIA,  Eugene

> > I have DAO 3.6 record opened in MS Jet workspace (Access 2000) with
> > "dbOpenTable" parameter.  Do I need to do any "refreshing" to keep it in
> > sync with underlining database? Or is it listening to table changes and
> > updates itself on its own?

> They shouldn't need refreshing, though I haven't actually tested this
> in DAO 3.6.  There may be a few seconds' delay in picking up changes,
> however.

1. Do Table-type recordsets "auto-refresh"?

Hi,

I have DAO 3.6 record opened in MS Jet workspace (Access 2000) with
"dbOpenTable" parameter.  Do I need to do any "refreshing" to keep it in
sync with underlining database? Or is it listening to table changes and
updates itself on its own?

TIA, Eugene

2. C/C++ data types (deeply theoretical)

3. recordsets (type "table"): error 3008

4. Oracle/MS SQL 7.0 buyer's guide?

5. File Creation

6. Recordset and Oracle "Number" Data Type

7. String max length

8. HELP: "Type Mismatch" when opening recordset

9. Scheduled Table Refresh - "Snapshot" Replication

11. Example with data type "Table"

12. ADODB.Recordset.properties("Unique Table") questions