Applet Database

Post by Falk Maechti » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

hi,
I 've written an applet that communicates with a database.
I have 2 computers both with Netscape 4.7.
The applet works fine with the one computer but does not work on the
other.
What can I do to make it work on both computers ?
There must be a difference between the 2 Netscape I use .....

any suggestions are greatly appreciated
falk

1. URGENT HELP PLEASE!! Java applet/database connectivity

I am trying to use an applet to connect to an Access database. I
can connect to the database when I write a java application.
However I cannot connect to the database from an applet. It
keeps giving me an error

java.security.AccessControlException
accessDenied ( java.lang.RuntimePermission )
accessClassinpackage.sun.jdbc.odbc

I was also wondering if it was possible to let an applet relate
with the application on the local system, and let that
application connect and relate with the database and vice versa?

I'm not really an expert and I'm starting to really get confused
and I need to get this done soon. Can anyone please help me on
this? Thanks

2. Dynamically referencing DataEnvironment recordset

3. Applet database connection

4. Storing Data Across Multiple Files

5. General Applet - Database Security Question -> beginner question

6. $$$ MAKE BIG CASH NOW $$$

7. Applet, database access and security

8. pgsql/ ontrib/pg_resetxlog/pg_resetxlog.c rc/b ...

9. vj1.1 applet database wizard question

10. Applet Database

11. Applet Database Question

12. applet + database

13. Applet, database security exception