db2java.zip crash on OS/2 (COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver)

db2java.zip crash on OS/2 (COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver)

Post by Frank van den Heuve » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:45:37

Hi,

I have a few symptoms that led me to the conclusion that there is
something wrong with db2java.zip. Let me first explain the setup:

I have DB2 UDB 7.1 (FP3 and FP5) on WSeB (OS/2) as a server in a
network. From win9x clients I can communicate from Java applications
using "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver". One OS/2 client has no problem
(no FP5 yet). But both my own OS/2 client and the server itself suffer
the following:
- Command Centre crashes when it comes to browsing
   databases (crash without any message to log files)
- The appletserver db2jstrt crashes immediately without any
   error message
- Java applications using "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver"
   crash immediately without any error mesage (I tried several
   applications home brewed and general available using
   jdk 1.18 and using 1.3!
- Creating Java Stored Procedures with Stored Procedure
   Builder from win9x clients fails with SQL1131N!

I tried to exchange versions from previous fixpacks, but these versions
don't work with the recent version. I upgrade the server to FP5 because
of not being able to create stored procedures in java.

What can I do? How do I check which version I need?

Sincerely,
Frank van den Heuvel
HeuvelTop ICT Diensten v.o.f.