Can I get Cursor result from stored procedure ?

Can I get Cursor result from stored procedure ?

Post by Alexander Ivano » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Does anybody know, is there any way to
use in delphi 2.* stored procedures, which return
cursor from ORACLE databases ?

A.Ivanov. CST MOSCOW

Post by John Parrot » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Does anybody know, is there any way to
> use in delphi 2.* stored procedures, which return
> cursor from ORACLE databases ?

> A.Ivanov. CST MOSCOW

Oracle itself doesn't support returning cursors from stored procs.

--
John Parrott
Elysium Financial Systems

http://www.interlog.com/~spo

Can I get Cursor result from stored procedure ?

Post by Rob McGillivra » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi Alexander,

> Does anybody know, is there any way to
> use in delphi 2.* stored procedures, which return
> cursor from ORACLE databases ?

If you're happy to dump the BDE give ODBCExpress a try - stored procs
work a treat!

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob McGillivray
Software Development Manager

1. Getting result set from a stored procedure

I am trying to get a result set from a stored procedure I
have returned to my calling program (which is Java using
JDBC connectivity)

This is what my procedure looks like:

AS
set nocount on
begin tran
update tb_initial
    set last_id = last_id + 1
    where table_name = 'TB_SESSION'

    where table_name = 'TB_SESSION'
commit tran

GO

This is the syntax I am using in my program to try to
obtain the result set from the procedure:

I am just getting a NULL result set.  Any ideas on what I
can do or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

2. Run-time error '429'

3. Getting results from a stored procedure

4. SP3 on SQL7 errors on Full textg install

5. Getting stored procedure results in Visual Basic

6. Replication - Login failed

7. Getting stored procedure result set

8. RedHat 7.0 AND Oracle8EE Incompatible??

9. Getting count and result set using dynasets and stored procedures

10. Getting results from System Stored Procedure

11. Getting count and result set using dynasets and stored procedures

12. Getting Result sets from a stored procedure...?

13. Getting sp_helpuser results as a table in stored procedure