MS SQL Server 6.0 Extended Stored Procedures

MS SQL Server 6.0 Extended Stored Procedures

Post by bruc » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

How do you successfully create a DLL in Delphi that MS SQL
Server 6.0 will allow to be used as an extended stored
procedure DLL.  If I create a Delphi DLL and "export" the
function I get "Can't find xxx.DLL" when trying to execute the
function in SQL Server.  The DLL has been placed in the
appropriate directory and the appropriate calls have been made
to SQL Server.  If I do the same thing in MS C++, everything
works fine.  What is C doing that Delphi is not when creating
the DLL...I guess this is the main part of the question to
answer.

Thank you,

Bruce

MS SQL Server 6.0 Extended Stored Procedures

Post by bruc » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

How do you successfully create a DLL in Delphi that MS SQL
Server 6.0 will allow to be used as an extended stored
procedure DLL.  If I create a Delphi DLL and "export" the
function I get "Can't find xxx.DLL" when trying to execute the
function in SQL Server.  The DLL has been placed in the
appropriate directory and the appropriate calls have been made
to SQL Server.  If I do the same thing in MS C++, everything
works fine.  What is C doing that Delphi is not when creating
the DLL...I guess this is the main part of the question to
answer.

Thank you,

Bruce

MS SQL Server 6.0 Extended Stored Procedures

Post by John Sylvestr » Sat, 23 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Never forget that any application that would call a C++ DLL with a
parameter that is a string always passes a null terminated string.

To avoid errors in Delphi DLLs always use type PChar when declaring and
passing strings.

1. MS Sql Server 6.0 Stored Procedures

I have a stored procedure that contain a cursor that is declared
scrollable. I read the first entry in this cursor to get a value. Then I
read the last entry to get a different value. These values are then used
to calculate the difference.

The problem is that the first time after I have compiled the SP every
works fine. As soon as I run this again, I get screwy results. It seems as

is not 0). All I have to do is to recomplie the SP for it to work correct
the first time, but again not after that.

Is this a feature (read BUG) or am I doing something STUPID?

Thanks
JHS

2. sp_ and create database

3. Create Extended Stored Procedure by using VB 6.0 Dll

4. Urgent Help needed!!

5. Regarding Extended Stored procedure wizard in VC 6.0

6. The specified object_name ('SQLServer:Databases') does not exist.

7. write extended stored procedures using vb 6.0

8. Duplicate database

9. Protection of stored procedures on MS SQL 6.0

10. Delphi and MS SQL 6.0 stored procedures

11. How to debug stored procedures in SQL 7.0 using Visual Interdev 6.0 or Visual Basic 6.0

12. how to write an extended stored procedure and install to SQL Server