Newbie: Update DB only after buttonclick?

Newbie: Update DB only after buttonclick?

Post by Marie M. Moltubak » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 01:53:49

Hi,

I am writing a small program using an ADODC-control. The contents of the
table is written to two text-boxes. I would like the user to be able to
change this contents - but it should only affect the database if the user
clicks a commandbutton. I suppose there is an easy way of doing this... But
I can't find it!

Newbie: Update DB only after buttonclick?

Post by Chris Kem » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 04:26:33

Marie,

Yes.  Dont bind the controls to the database, but fill them
programmatically.
Then supply the user with a button which will trigger a routine which will
read the contents of the controls, and ado them back to the recordset.

HTH

--
Chris Kemp
Paladin Consultants, Inc.

Quote:> Hi,

> I am writing a small program using an ADODC-control. The contents of the
> table is written to two text-boxes. I would like the user to be able to
> change this contents - but it should only affect the database if the user
> clicks a commandbutton. I suppose there is an easy way of doing this...
But
> I can't find it!

1. Newbie: Update DB only after buttonclick?

Hi,

I am writing a small program using an ADODC-control. The contents of the
table is written to two text-boxes. I would like the user to be able to
change this contents - but it should only affect the database if the user
clicks a commandbutton. I suppose there is an easy way of doing this... But
I can't find it!

--
Marie M. Moltubakk -> ICQ 3343861
MMM -> http://home.online.no/~armoltub/

2. woodland management database support

3. Update DB with Buttonclick

4. Selecting no more than 10 records in a query

5. Newbie Update field in DB using AutoNumber field

6. Setting a fully restricted dimension with dso

7. newbie: autocompletes in DB B based on data in DB A

8. Is DAO Database Shaping possible?

9. I am a newbie: autocompletes in DB B based on data in DB A

10. Help - DataGrid - problems with ButtonClick event

11. Using the ButtonClick event of the DataGrid control's column objcet

12. Datagrid Buttonclick

13. ButtonClick in DataGrid