JSP & Oracle : Help wanted

Post by Douglas SI » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:47:12

Hi,

I'm on Windows NT and I hava to connect my JSP pages to Oracle, do you know
wich ODBC Driver I need ?

I tried the Oracle one provided with my Oracle 8.0.5.0 but I couldn't move
backward in my recordset.

I tried the Microsoft one provided with last MDCA available on the Microsoft
web site. And I have the next problem :

    A simple querry : SELECT A.id, A.Titre FROM Astuce A WHERE A.Status='V'
    Is not complete one !!!!!

I tried the Oracle one that I found on their web site but I can just create
file DSN and I don't know how to use it in my JSP Pages I just know System
DSN.

I don't have any idee left,

Help me please,

Douglas.

JSP & Oracle : Help wanted

Post by crg » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:06:38

Why are you using ODBC?

Use the Oracle thin driver that comes with Oracle. It's called classes12.zip
with 8.1.6. There is a classes111.zip so maybe that works with 8.0.5. Look
it up on the Oracle web site.

Then you can use standard JDBC with connection strings such as :

Where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address and SID is the Oracle SID.
1521 is the port number of default listener on the Oracle server.

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm on Windows NT and I hava to connect my JSP pages to Oracle, do you
know
> wich ODBC Driver I need ?

> I tried the Oracle one provided with my Oracle 8.0.5.0 but I couldn't move
> backward in my recordset.

> I tried the Microsoft one provided with last MDCA available on the
Microsoft
> web site. And I have the next problem :

>     A simple querry : SELECT A.id, A.Titre FROM Astuce A WHERE
A.Status='V'
>     Is not complete one !!!!!

> I tried the Oracle one that I found on their web site but I can just
create
> file DSN and I don't know how to use it in my JSP Pages I just know System
> DSN.

> I don't have any idee left,

> Help me please,

> Douglas.

JSP & Oracle : Help wanted

Post by Douglas SI » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:19:32

Ok, Sorry

But what is the SID, how can I find it out ?

and then the Driver do you know its name, how can I know its ?

> Why are you using ODBC?

> Use the Oracle thin driver that comes with Oracle. It's called
classes12.zip
> with 8.1.6. There is a classes111.zip so maybe that works with 8.0.5. Look
> it up on the Oracle web site.

> Then you can use standard JDBC with connection strings such as :

> Where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address and SID is the Oracle SID.
> 1521 is the port number of default listener on the Oracle server.

> > Hi,

> > I'm on Windows NT and I hava to connect my JSP pages to Oracle, do you
> know
> > wich ODBC Driver I need ?

> > I tried the Oracle one provided with my Oracle 8.0.5.0 but I couldn't
move
> > backward in my recordset.

> > I tried the Microsoft one provided with last MDCA available on the
> Microsoft
> > web site. And I have the next problem :

> >     A simple querry : SELECT A.id, A.Titre FROM Astuce A WHERE
> A.Status='V'
> >     Is not complete one !!!!!

> > I tried the Oracle one that I found on their web site but I can just
> create
> > file DSN and I don't know how to use it in my JSP Pages I just know
System
> > DSN.

> > I don't have any idee left,

> > Help me please,

> > Douglas.

JSP & Oracle : Help wanted

Post by crg » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:24:13

The SID is the Database Identifier. Ask your Oracle DB admin for the Oracle
SID if you don't know it.

Example code to get a connection:

       // Load the Oracle DB driver
        Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

        // Connect
        Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection (connectString,

username, password);

You can then open your recordset.
Something else might be needed for backward scrolling. I'm not sure.
Check the ResultSet class documentation.
Maybe somebody else can help here?

> Ok, Sorry

> But what is the SID, how can I find it out ?

> and then the Driver do you know its name, how can I know its ?

> Thanks,

> > Why are you using ODBC?

> > Use the Oracle thin driver that comes with Oracle. It's called
> classes12.zip
> > with 8.1.6. There is a classes111.zip so maybe that works with 8.0.5.
Look
> > it up on the Oracle web site.

> > Then you can use standard JDBC with connection strings such as :

> > Where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address and SID is the Oracle SID.
> > 1521 is the port number of default listener on the Oracle server.

> > > Hi,

> > > I'm on Windows NT and I hava to connect my JSP pages to Oracle, do you
> > know
> > > wich ODBC Driver I need ?

> > > I tried the Oracle one provided with my Oracle 8.0.5.0 but I couldn't
> move
> > > backward in my recordset.

> > > I tried the Microsoft one provided with last MDCA available on the
> > Microsoft
> > > web site. And I have the next problem :

> > >     A simple querry : SELECT A.id, A.Titre FROM Astuce A WHERE
> > A.Status='V'
> > >     Is not complete one !!!!!

> > > I tried the Oracle one that I found on their web site but I can just
> > create
> > > file DSN and I don't know how to use it in my JSP Pages I just know
> System
> > > DSN.

> > > I don't have any idee left,

> > > Help me please,

> > > Douglas.

JSP & Oracle : Help wanted

Post by Douglas SI » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:37:30

Well,

I think it's working this way :

I've created a class that connect, querry and output informations :

import java.sql.*;

class JdbcTest {
 public static void main (String args []) throws SQLException {
  DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
  Connection conn =

"medicale", "viking");
  Statement stmt = conn.createStatement ();
  ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery("select titre from actualite");
  while (rset.next()){
   System.out.print(rset.getString (1));
  }
 }

Quote:}

When I execute it, it display me informations of my table.

But when I use similar code in my usable class it doesn't work ! It gives me
this error : No suitable driver

The code is the same !

It'not fair ! And I don't understand why !

do you have an other idea ?

> The SID is the Database Identifier. Ask your Oracle DB admin for the
Oracle
> SID if you don't know it.

> Example code to get a connection:

>        // Load the Oracle DB driver
>         Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

>         // Connect
>         Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection
(connectString,

> username, password);

> You can then open your recordset.
> Something else might be needed for backward scrolling. I'm not sure.
> Check the ResultSet class documentation.
> Maybe somebody else can help here?

> > Ok, Sorry

> > But what is the SID, how can I find it out ?

> > and then the Driver do you know its name, how can I know its ?

> > Thanks,

> > > Why are you using ODBC?

> > > Use the Oracle thin driver that comes with Oracle. It's called
> > classes12.zip
> > > with 8.1.6. There is a classes111.zip so maybe that works with 8.0.5.
> Look
> > > it up on the Oracle web site.

> > > Then you can use standard JDBC with connection strings such as :

> > > Where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address and SID is the Oracle SID.
> > > 1521 is the port number of default listener on the Oracle server.

> > > know

> > move

> > > Microsoft

> > > A.Status='V'

> > > create
> > System

JSP & Oracle : Help wanted

Post by crg » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 01:11:38

I don't really understand your problem.
If you have the same code and the classpaths are set the same then the code
should work.
Can you post an example of your 'usable' class.

> Well,

> I think it's working this way :

> I've created a class that connect, querry and output informations :

> import java.sql.*;

> class JdbcTest {
>  public static void main (String args []) throws SQLException {
>   DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
>   Connection conn =

> "medicale", "viking");
>   Statement stmt = conn.createStatement ();
>   ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery("select titre from actualite");
>   while (rset.next()){
>    System.out.print(rset.getString (1));
>   }
>  }
> }

> When I execute it, it display me informations of my table.

> But when I use similar code in my usable class it doesn't work ! It gives
me
> this error : No suitable driver

> The code is the same !

> It'not fair ! And I don't understand why !

> do you have an other idea ?

> > The SID is the Database Identifier. Ask your Oracle DB admin for the
> Oracle
> > SID if you don't know it.

> > Example code to get a connection:

> >         String connectString =

> >        // Load the Oracle DB driver
> >         Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

> >         // Connect
> >         Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection
> (connectString,

> > username, password);

> > You can then open your recordset.
> > Something else might be needed for backward scrolling. I'm not sure.
> > Check the ResultSet class documentation.
> > Maybe somebody else can help here?

> > > Ok, Sorry

> > > But what is the SID, how can I find it out ?

> > > and then the Driver do you know its name, how can I know its ?

> > > Thanks,

> > > classes12.zip
> > Look

> you

> couldn't
> > > move

> > > System

1. US-FL-Oracle-Java-JSP consultants wanted

US-FL-Oracle-Java-JSP consultants wanted
Central Florida area
Must have a minimum of 2 years of Oracle and Java/JSP.
Must have your own S-Corporation, professional liability insurance and
health insurance. Company will not pay interviewing costs or
relocation.

Please state salary requirements and availability.

2. US-CA-APPLICATION DEVELOPER

3. JSP & Oracle

4. help newbie on computer name change please!

5. Help wanted on APT && C++

6. UNIX Compatibility and/or C++ class library

7. Need urgent Help Oracle Problems with SQLJSP and JSP

8. what does this simple message mean in general?

9. Jsp and Jsp.

10. Help Wanted : DTS Packages & Triggers

11. Help wanted : ASP & SQL

12. Got &squot;dem ODBC blues (HELP WANTED)

13. JSP & JDBC