How do I create a recordset based on another recordset

How do I create a recordset based on another recordset

I don't want to Clone it,  but create a new unique recordset.

Post by Sol Shapi » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I don't want to Clone it,  but create a new unique recordset.

Then just declare it by Dimentioning it first of course.

Sol.

How do I create a recordset based on another recordset

Post by Alan Dav » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

Have a look at using the Filter property of your existing recordset,
then creating a new recordset by calling the existing recordset's
CreateRecordSet method.

Something like this :-

    rsExisting.Filter = "CustomerName = 'Bill Gates'"
    Set rsNew = rsExisting.OpenRecordset()

         Alan Davis, Southampton, England

How do I create a recordset based on another recordset

Post by We are Bor » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I don't want to Clone it,  but create a new unique recordset.

Check out the Filter and Sort properties.