VB DLL reading from ADO and colliding with C++ DLL reading there too (on NT)

VB DLL reading from ADO and colliding with C++ DLL reading there too (on NT)

Post by Nir » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

    I've written an Active X DLL that reads some data from several tables on
an ORACLE database through ADO. This DLL is

instanced on an ASP page and runned on a NTServer. However, another DLL,
written in C++, is running on the same HTML

page, in another frame, and combining both stucks the page and eventually
the IIS too. The two DLLs don't interact, just run

side by side. I think the problem is in my ActiveX dll, because when i took
out the c++ dll, my activeX dll did work and got

the data, but when i tried afterwards to stop the IIS Admin service  (for
example to unload the dll from memory to 'make'

another version), the service didn't respond and i had to reboot.

    Could the problem be that I don't close a database connection, and
that's why my IISAdmin service won't respond? I don't

think it's a code-level thing, because I manually close the connection at
the end of the function. Is there a known problem with

activeX using ADO for Oracle (8)?

    I'd appreciate any help on this matter. I've been debugging this for
days, so I'll happily try any suggestion offered.

                Thanx,
                    Nir.

1. reading c++ db sturcture from dll

My friends want to use  c structure in Visual Basic.
C sturucture is contained in DLL.

typedef struct database_table {
 WORD            DB_Handle  ;
 WORD            Current_Row;
 WORD            Row_Length ;
 WORD            Field_Count;
 WORD            Row_Count  ;
 WORD            reserved1  ;
 COLUMN_FIELD    *Column_Info;
    ROW_DATA        *Row_Data;

How can Visual Basic read this c structure contained in DLL?
Is there any easy easy to do?
If you know a website teaching this technic, please let me know
:-)

2. Screen and Report Code Generators for Informix?

3. Will VB 3.0 DLLs Overwrite VB 4.0 (32 bit) DLLs

4. Scheduling packages error

5. SPEED: VB5 ActiveX DLL vs C++ ATL COM DLL

6. Read MS-Access file from FP DOS 2.6

7. DB2 7.2 DLL Load / Unload of DB2SYSP.DLL AND DB2KBC.DLL

8. database backup and restore

9. How to read a icon from DLL file

10. Read Image into Stored Proc Via Dll

11. Extended Stored Proc dll - reading SRVDATETIMN - conversion to what Date Type

12. Help: reading paradox tables from Delphi DLL

13. Calling a public function in a VB ActiveX DLL from a VC DLL