Converting a VB4.0 16 Bit app to VB5 32 bit

Converting a VB4.0 16 Bit app to VB5 32 bit

Post by Rick Kin » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Using Sybase system 10 with ODBC Driver Intersolv Sybase 3.0,  I am
trying to convert an application running in 16 bit VB4 to 32bit VB5. I
can connect to the database but when I try to update I get an error
number 3146, indicating -- No more than 1 active connection allowed by
Sybase without a cursor. I have tried playing with the driver setting
but to no avail.

1. converting 16-bit VB4/Access2 to 32-bit

I'm considering porting a 16-bit VB4 app that reads from a secured (DAO/MDA)
Access 2.0 database to a 32-bit version.  Does anyone know of a resource
where I can find tips or how-tos or things to avoid etc.?  Also, any
personal experiences of your own would be helpful.  Horror stories and
smooth sailing tales welcomed.  I just really don't want to have things go
to pieces on me now that the program works, just because I want to drag its
bit count kicking and screaming into the last decade.

tia,

:-josh

================
end of message

2. Best Way To Encode A Timeout Feature?

3. corruption of 16 bit db when used by both 16 and 32 bit apps

4. How many Private SQL Areas....

5. Convert SQL databbase from 16 bit to 32 bit

6. Unique Key Generation

7. Convert 32 bit component to 16 bit ??

8. SERVLET + UPDATE QUERY+ ACCESS = PROBLEM

9. 16 bit app. vs 32 bit ODBC

10. 32 bit app connects to 16 bit dsn