RDO and error 429

Post by wpgr.. » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

Sorry if this is a re-post, but I don't believe my initial post went
through...

I am getting error 429 (Can't create Active X object) at the client
machine when the following code executes:
  On Error GoTo errhandler
  connStr = "dsn=ExDB;uid=sa;pwd=;"
  Set rde = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)
  Set rdc = New RDO.rdoConnection
  rdc.LoginTimeout = 120
  rdc.QueryTimeout = 120
  Set rdc = rde.OpenConnection("", rdDriverNoPrompt, False, connStr)

Here is the interesting scenario:
1) When this code was initially rolled out, it worked fine at client
computers.
2) The project was installed on a new development machine.  This
machine has all of the same installs as the prior machine, and can
execute the code fine (in both the IDE and alone).  However, when
just the EXE file is distributed to the client machines, it no longer
works...

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance for any insight...

Bill Grant

RDO and error 429

Post by Oscar Bowye » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

Bill,
I would check you installation files to make sure that all the RDO .dll's
are included. These must be copied and registered on every client machine in
order to use RDO. Hope this helps.

Oscar Bowyer

>Sorry if this is a re-post, but I don't believe my initial post went
>through...

>I am getting error 429 (Can't create Active X object) at the client
>machine when the following code executes:
>  On Error GoTo errhandler
>  connStr = "dsn=ExDB;uid=sa;pwd=;"
>  Set rde = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)
>  Set rdc = New RDO.rdoConnection
>  rdc.LoginTimeout = 120
>  rdc.QueryTimeout = 120
>  Set rdc = rde.OpenConnection("", rdDriverNoPrompt, False, connStr)

>Here is the interesting scenario:
>1) When this code was initially rolled out, it worked fine at client
>computers.
>2) The project was installed on a new development machine.  This
>machine has all of the same installs as the prior machine, and can
>execute the code fine (in both the IDE and alone).  However, when
>just the EXE file is distributed to the client machines, it no longer
>works...

>Has anyone else had a similar experience?

>Thanks in advance for any insight...

>Bill Grant

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

1. RDO end Error 429 - Cannot create object.

When trying to create a new rdoConnection I continually get:

Error 429 - ActiveX component cannot create object.

I have referenced the Remote Data Object for the project.
I have tried reregistering the msrdo20.dll, both do no help.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

2. App. for the Diamond Industry?

3. RDO Error 429 - Like to confirm if RDO available from VB Prof

4. select distinct SQL

5. Error 429 and RDO?

6. Where can i find the switchl oad file for informix on cics?

7. Error #429 Problems with RDO connect

8. Please subscribe me to your newsletter/list

9. Error 429 Grief with RDO

10. RDO error 429

11. Error 429 (ActiveX component cannot create object) with RDO

12. ADO RDO can't create object err 429

13. REPOST: oo4o Error - Error 429 - Help