How to make a splash from in VB3

Post by Lubosh Hanusk » Tue, 19 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> How do you make a splash screen with VB3?
> if you know please e-mail me or just reply it thanx -josh

 Not difficult - I have a few, generally:

1. make a form Splash.frm and put anything you like on it, including a
timer, and set the timer's Interval property to 5000
2. In the code of the main form, put Splash.show into the OnLoad event
3. In the timer code of Splash.frm put this:
            hide Splash
            Timer.enabled=false

and you are done.
The form will load for the interval specified (5 seconds), then
disappear and the main form will continue loading.

-- Lubosh Hanuska, Psychology, ANU Canberra
To reply by email please change the "una" in my address to "anu"