VB4.0 & WINFAX DDE LINKS

Post by Ganesh Laxminaray » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

Greetings!

I have been working on an application which is used to fax reports that
are generated off an Access Database.  I have Delrina Winfax Pro 4.0 and
am having trouble communicating with it using DDE.

I would like to know if anybody has had any problems using WINFAX DDE
commands with VB 4.0 (Pro. Ed.).

IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY SUCCESS IN HAVING A VB APPLICATION COMMUNICATE WITH
WINFAX VIA DDE, COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU ACCOMPLISHED THIS TASK?

Thanks.

Ganesh

--

VB4.0 & WINFAX DDE LINKS

Post by Burke vonEsche » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

> Greetings!

> I have been working on an application which is used to fax reports that
> are generated off an Access Database.  I have Delrina Winfax Pro 4.0 and
> am having trouble communicating with it using DDE.

> I would like to know if anybody has had any problems using WINFAX DDE
> commands with VB 4.0 (Pro. Ed.).

> IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY SUCCESS IN HAVING A VB APPLICATION COMMUNICATE WITH
> WINFAX VIA DDE, COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU ACCOMPLISHED THIS TASK?

> Thanks.

> Ganesh

> -- I've tried using DDE to Winfax with Lotus 123 with no success and would be

interested in any help you come across.

*  } ? ? {   *Edmonton, AB, Canada*---------------------*
*          *--------------------*---------------------*
*    WwW     *--------------------*---------------------*

VB4.0 & WINFAX DDE LINKS

Post by Richard Borr » Sun, 26 May 1996 04:00:00

>I would like to know if anybody has had any problems using WINFAX DDE
>commands with VB 4.0 (Pro. Ed.).

I've used VB3 Pro (not VB4) to communicate with Winfax Pro 4 using
DDE, but in my application I was holding the fax details in a Word
document, not Access.

I used OLE-Automation to control Word from VB, and installed the
standard Winfax Word-print macro in Word, with most of the unnecessary
bits stripped out.

Amazingly, it worked.

Here is my modified Word print macro
'       Now pass details to Winfax via DDE
ChanNum1 = DDEInitiate("FAXMNG", "TRANSMIT")
DDEPoke ChanNum1, "Sendfax", "recipient(" + faxnum$ + Chr$(44) +
faxtime$ + Chr$(44) + faxdate$ + Chr$(44) + faxname$ + Chr$(44) +
faxcompany$ + Chr$(44) + faxsubject$ + ")"
DDEPoke ChanNum1, "Sendfax", "resolution(" + faxres$ + ")"
DDEPoke ChanNum1, "Sendfax", "showsendscreen(" + faxmode$ + ")"
'DDEPoke ChanNum1, "Sendfax", "sendfaxui"

'       Now print/fax the document
FilePrint
Goto finished

'       DDE error handler
ddeerror:
On Error Goto 0
MsgBox "Error" + Str$(Err) + " occurred.", "Fax print error", 16

'       Close the DDE channel
finished:
If ChanNum1 Then
        DDETerminate ChanNum1
        End If

'       Return the default printer if necessary
If Not FaxDefault Then
        FilePrintSetup .Printer = defprn$
        EndIf

WaitCursor 0

End Sub

----------------------------
and here is the calling routine in VB3 - I called the Word macro "fax"

        wordobj.ToolsMacro "fax", True
        DoEvents

---------------------------------

Have fun !

Richard

1. DDE link between WINFAX and Paradox for Win

What would the link do.

         Kind Regards,
         Jon Krahmer, ElectraSoft

 Get newest version of FaxMail for Windows or FaxMail Network for NT, free:
 www-page: http://www.blkbox.com/~jonk/
 Author member of Association of Shareware Professionals (ASP)

2. combobox

3. visBas, WinFax Pro & DDE

4. Backup strategy

5. PW5 & DDE with WinFax Pro8

6. Invalid use of keyword error

7. DDE between FoxPro 2.5 & WinFax Pro

8. Informix Experts Needed

9. Using DDE with WinFax in Delphi

10. HELP: FPW2.5b - WinFax Pro 4.0 - and DDE

11. WinFax (by DDE) and Pdox7

12. Fpw2.6 and Winfax DDE application

13. Winfax Paradox 5.0 Win DDE Font Problems