Finding sizes of objects

Post by l » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

InstanceSize method will tell you the amount of memory you need to have
in order to create an object. I don't know if it will tell you the size
of an object already in use with items (such as stringlists) added to
it.

1. Finding sizes of objects

Is there a general-purpose way of finding how much memory an object is
occupying at any point in time ? Size () works only with strings and SizeOf
gives you only the size of the original pointer (usually 4 bytes) whether you

display the amount of memory being occupied by the results of a Query.

There's got to be a way, but we can't find it.

Apologies for dumbness, if we have overlooked the obvious.
Laurie (Laurence) Moseley

Plus Ultra

2. Parameters for Transform Data task

3. How can an object found can become a not found object

4. Different behaviors in queries with and without max

5. Maximum Size for Large Object / TOASTed Object

6. Global variables?

7. dumpBlobs(): could not open large object: ERROR: inv_open: large object 23312462 not found

8. VB/SQL job in Ireland

9. Find First, Find Next, Find Previous, Find Last

10. Optimum Configuration for Page Size, NTFS Allocation Unit size and RAID Stripe size

11. find Index size using Enterprise Manager

12. How To Find Index Size?

13. Finding defined column size