Coding, Access, Winword

Post by TIDEB » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I also posted this in Access and regular VB. I hope someone can help me
with this.  :-)

Im fairly new to VB and Access, but I do have other programming
experience. Ive been trying to implement a reporting strategy from Access
to Word using the Word Mail Merge functionality. As a reference, Im using
the article called, Strengthen the Access-Word Connection by Mark
Johnson in the June 1995 edition of the Access/Visual Basic Advisor
magazine. I set up a simple test scenario to make the connections, and
everything seemed to work beautifully. Each record of the query created a
separate Word form letter, just as it was planned. (Hooray!)

But then,........ I tried to use my real world application and Ive run
into a few snags. Im not sure if I need to fix this snag using code, or a
different query, or maybe even setting up the Word template differently.
The situation goes like this:

I have an Order #535 where the Customer places orders for several
different items (the quantity of items will vary from order to order). Id
like to print this order form in Word (because its easier for the user to
make changes to the form). The problem is that my query results in a
multi-record answer where Order #535 is repeated for each detailed item
order. (Ive basically related the items ordered with the Order #535.)

When I mail merge, I get one Order document for each and every item
detail. What Id like to see as a result, is one Order document listing
all item details. Can someone help me with this? Is my query incorrect, do
I need special code, is my Word template set up incorrectly. HELP?!

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

Deb :-)

1. Help for dde winword / demande d'aide sur dde winword

Je souhaite utiliser winword 97 partir de paradox 7
je russi lancer l'application  winword avec le document souhait mais
winword ne rend pas la main paradox qui se met en erreur
"DDE : le serveur spcifi ne rpond pas".

Voici le bout de programme que j 'ai cris :

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
Var
 Word_dde DDE
Endvar

;ouverture du fichier word
Word_dde.open ("C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft
Office\\Office\\WINWORD.EXE","C:\\pdoxwin\\smh\\cale.doc")

Word_dde.close()

endMethod

Patrice

2. SYBASE REPORT WRITERS for HP_UX

3. Please help me: Communicate from Access to Winword

4. In need of database library that can handle DBASEiV / C++ .. PLEASE HELP

5. MS Access and WinWord Mail Merge

6. installing UTL_TCP or UTL_SMTP

7. code to access an MS ACCESS database held on a web site

8. linking one access database to another access database through vb.net code

9. Accessing an MS-Access module from VB code

10. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

11. How to access an Access DB in Code?

12. Importing an Access 2000 table into another Access 2000 database with VB Code