Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle

Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle

Post by Brent Childer » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

We are in the process of moving our application from VB 3.0 and SQLServer 4.2 to VB 4.0 and Oracle 7.2.  We
are having trouble connecting to our Oracle database via ODBC.  We have configured the datasource using the
32-bit ODBC setup tool, and we have SQL*Net 2.2 installed.  We are able to connect to this datasource using MS
Query 32-bit version and through Crystal Reports.  But we are unable to connect to the database using the VB
4.0 version of our application.  We are using the same datasource as the two other programs mentioned.  We are
getting a "3146 ODBC Call failed" error when trying to execute the first SQL statement after our database
connect.  I'm not sure if the database connect statement is even successful.  Any insight would be
appreciated.

thanks - Brent

1. Converting VB 3.0 app to VB 4.0

I am considering converting a VB 3.0 application to VB 4.0 but I need
to know the issues associated with converting.  What are the problems
with converting?  What kind of things should I look out for when
converting.  If I am using third party .vbx do I need to upgrade them?
I need to know all the problems associated with converting.  Any help
and advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Joe
Joseph F. Korn II
CGI Systems Inc.

2. Insert into ... select from , and logging

3. Trouble running VB 3.0 Database App in NT

4. ESQL/C, Informix 7.3 - undocumented reserved word "ref"?

5. vb 4.0 apps using Jet 3.0

6. SQL 7 DTS and named pipes

7. Text - ODBC Driver - VB 3.0 to VB 4.0

8. Sterling's ZIM

9. update method in vb 3.0 vs vb 4.0

10. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

11. Will VB 3.0 DLLs Overwrite VB 4.0 (32 bit) DLLs

12. VB 3.0 to VB 4.0 problem

13. Text - ODBC Driver - VB 3.0 to VB 4.0