Updating Recordset by data-bound UserControl

Updating Recordset by data-bound UserControl

Post by Martin Simme » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm having a hard time telling ADO when to update the Recordset my
custom user control is bound to. I'm using the PropertyChanged method to

notify the data source that the bound property has changed, what results

in setting the DataChanged property to TRUE. However I want the
Recordset to be updated immediatly - not after I performed a Move on the

recordset.

Using a standard MS TextBox control works fine - when the control lost
the focus, the recordset is updated. Using a MS TextBox within a user
control will no do the same! I need to move to another record or to
requery from outside the control.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem??

Thanks,

Martin.

1. Updating my data-bound UserControl

Hi,

I'm having a hard time telling ADO when to update the Recordset my
custom user control is bound to. I'm using the PropertyChanged method to
notify the data source that the bound property has changed, what results
in setting the DataChanged property to TRUE. However I want the
Recordset to be updated immediatly - not after I performed a Move on the
recordset.

Using a standard MS TextBox control works fine - when the control lost
the focus, the recordset is updated. Using a MS TextBox within a user
control will no do the same! I need to move to another record or to
requery from outside the control.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem??

Thanks,

Martin.

2. Reading ExcelData from Access using ADO

3. Updating ADO-Recodset by databound property of UserControl

4. powerbuilder connect to sybase ASE 11.9.2

5. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery

6. Solaris 8 compilation errors _OUTPUT

7. Bound controls not updating ADO with adodc.recordset.update command

8. Binding controls on a UserControl

9. In data binding, how to update data object that can stay