jdbc connection error to oracle 8i

Post by andr.. » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi !
I'm writing a program that connects to a oracle
8i database, i'm using a oci8 driver and
JDeveloper as a IDE.
My project works fine within JDeveloper and
connects to the database but when i try running
the program from the dos promt (using a different
JDK - both 2.1) i get the following error message:
Unsatisified link error: make_c_state.

I have manually set all my path and classpaths so
it would work from outside jdeveloper but the db
will not connect. Any help would be very much
appreicated.
Thanks.

A extract of the connection code:
import java.sql.*;
import oracle.jdbc.driver.*;

class JdbcTest {
public static void main (String args []) throws
SQLException {
// Load Oracle driver
DriverManager.registerDriver (new
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

// Connect to the local database
Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
        con2=  DriverManager.getConnection

d);

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Oracle 8i & JDBC connection hanging

Using Oracle 8i
JDBC
Netscape Server

The database will create a few sessions with some sessions being shared
by more than one browser logins. However, whenever the database decides
to create a new session it hangs for approximately 2 minutes before
creating the session.

Does anyone know where I can get an explanation of what may be
happening, and a fix for this problem ?

Thanks

  whdouglas.vcf
< 1K Download

2. REQ - Tool for automating security setting in MS AS

3. Please help: Oracle 7.1 JDBC connections : portmaper error/general connectivity errors

4. ADOX & MSDE

5. External Database Manipulation

6. Oracle 8i JDBC driver OCI8 connect error

7. Delphi 1.0 and Apollo 3.0

8. Oracle 8i JDBC dirver OCI error

9. oracle 8i connection errors

10. Error opening Oracle 8i connection in ASP

11. JDBC 2.0 / JDK 1.2 Drivers for Oracle 8.0x (not Oracle 8i)