Hel please! NoClassDefFoundError: com/ms/com/LicenceMgr

Hel please! NoClassDefFoundError: com/ms/com/LicenceMgr

Post by Dr Thirst » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Microsoft J++ 1.1 contains a database wizard which helps create an applet
which can talk to a database, but when executed outside the development
environment, the following error is returned.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ms/com/LicenceMgr

Please can somebody explain what this is about and how to get around it. I
want to store a simple .mdb file on a server and let about a dozen PCs
access it, readonly

Thanks in advance,

Dr Thirsty

Hel please! NoClassDefFoundError: com/ms/com/LicenceMgr

Post by David Tomasell » Sat, 05 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Dr Thirsty,

MS Dev Studio has a tool, the "Java Type Library Wizard", under the Tools
menu to create java classes which wrap around Active X components such as
"Microsoft DAO 3.5 Object Library".
I am wondering whether these classes have not been generated. If this is
the case then simply run the "Java Type Library Wizard", select "Microsoft
DAO 3.5 Object Library" and this will create your wrapper classes.

I have actually created a Java application accessing an MDB file which is
run outside the development environment - and it works.

Hope this helps,
Davo

Quote:> Microsoft J++ 1.1 contains a database wizard which helps create an applet