Mysterious Error Message

Post by JAJansenJ » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm getting a Run Time Error 3426

"This action was cancelled by an associated object."

when I try to use:  "data1.recordset.moveprevious"

The help system has no information on this error message.
What does it mean and can anyone point to a solution?

Thanks

Regards,

Joe Jansen

Mysterious Error Message

Post by John Bento » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

What's even more mysterious is.....

What kind of database are you connecting to?
What method of access are you using, ADO, DAO, ODBC DIRECT,.....
What kind of recordset/cursor are you creating. Maybe it doesn't support
moveprevious!

>I'm getting a Run Time Error 3426

>"This action was cancelled by an associated object."

>when I try to use:  "data1.recordset.moveprevious"

>The help system has no information on this error message.
>What does it mean and can anyone point to a solution?

>Thanks

>Regards,

>Joe Jansen

Mysterious Error Message

Post by JAJansenJ » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

OK:

Connecting to an Access 97 database with the DAO data control and a dynaset
recordset.

Apparently found the solution:  in a Knowledgebase article (don't have the
number handy -- searched Microsoft site on Error 3426) it is pointed out
that the underlying recordset can become
inaccessible if there is an "implied update", which I was apparently doing.
Basically, group all your recordset moves at the beginning of a subroutine,
and save your updates for the very end, and this kind of error goes away.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Joe Jansen

>What's even more mysterious is.....

>What kind of database are you connecting to?
>What method of access are you using, ADO, DAO, ODBC DIRECT,.....
>What kind of recordset/cursor are you creating. Maybe it doesn't support
>moveprevious!

>>I'm getting a Run Time Error 3426

>>"This action was cancelled by an associated object."

>>when I try to use:  "data1.recordset.moveprevious"

>>The help system has no information on this error message.
>>What does it mean and can anyone point to a solution?

>>Thanks

>>Regards,

>>Joe Jansen

1. Mysterious error message

Hi,
        we run OpenROAD on MS-Windows 3.1.
        While runnig an application, i came across a mysterious
        error message which says
        'Traveler multiply hashed.', and after this w4gldev.exe exited.
        what am i supposed to understand from this?

        also i want to know, is there any compatibility problems
        between pc-nfs 5.1a and Openroad?

        today in one day i got following message about 8-10 times
        and w4glrun.exe program hangs the whole system. i press
        crtl-alt-del and kill w4glrun.exe and still can run other
        pc-nfs telnet program without any problem.

        the error is
        'Sun Pc NFS DLL error t_connect().....'
        and followed by
        'Sun Pc NFS DLL error t_rcv().....'

        where should i look for to look at problem source ??

        any pointers are appreciated.
        tia

        raj

 Fujitsu Australia Limited.      All Views expressed are my own.

2. Dynamic resource allocation

3. MSSQL::DBlib 1.009 released

4. Mysterious message box popping up

5. linked Access table stopped working

6. Mysterious Message in a Report Writer

7. BCP and sa password

8. Mysterious Unexpected Condition message

9. Help!: mysterious Connection busy error

10. Mysterious blocking error of -1

11. The Mysterious Error