double loop and the reusabaility

Post by shiv » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:34:31

from shiv

This message group has helped me  a lot .And i hope will receive help
further.

The project in which i am working we have tried to keep the controls thats
the combo or flex or list completely isloated from the Datbases.So we have a
middle tier which first loops all values in a collection and then the GUI
loops through them using NewEnum.
But i have problem i achived seprating the GUI from Database by having a
class.But i make two loops one in class for filling collection and second in
the GUI to take from collection.
Any other desing which can be helpful for me where i can avoid this two loop
encapsulate my collection and have a better design.Becuse if i want to fill
100 records  i loop 200 times is it worth of talking object oreinted and
loosing effieciency

Please Help MVPS

--
Shivprasad Koirala

Griffin Marine IT Department
syngrou 5 athens
After all, on a twenty-four hour basis....
Marine Travel is our business
visit our website:  www.griffintravel.com

mobile (030) - 944 392 362

double loop and the reusabaility

Post by sujash » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:55:15

Oh oks, sorry i wd have loved to drop my ideas but im not MVP you see.
Microsoft is not giving it away that easily.

--
Ashok Gupta - ashi (Not-MVP)

> from shiv

> This message group has helped me  a lot .And i hope will receive help
> further.

> The project in which i am working we have tried to keep the controls thats
> the combo or flex or list completely isloated from the Datbases.So we have
> middle tier which first loops all values in a collection and then the GUI
> loops through them using NewEnum.
> But i have problem i achived seprating the GUI from Database by having a
> class.But i make two loops one in class for filling collection and second
in
> the GUI to take from collection.
> Any other desing which can be helpful for me where i can avoid this two
loop
> encapsulate my collection and have a better design.Becuse if i want to
fill
> 100 records  i loop 200 times is it worth of talking object oreinted and
> loosing effieciency

> Please Help MVPS

> --
> Shivprasad Koirala

> Griffin Marine IT Department
> syngrou 5 athens
> After all, on a twenty-four hour basis....
> Marine Travel is our business
> visit our website:  www.griffintravel.com

> mobile (030) - 944 392 362

double loop and the reusabaility

Post by shiv » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:04:58

from shiv

Please ashok give your ideas.its just i typed MVP does not mean really
anything

--
Shivprasad Koirala

Griffin Marine IT Department
syngrou 5 athens
After all, on a twenty-four hour basis....
Marine Travel is our business
visit our website:  www.griffintravel.com

mobile (030) - 944 392 362

> Oh oks, sorry i wd have loved to drop my ideas but im not MVP you see.
> Microsoft is not giving it away that easily.

> --
> Ashok Gupta - ashi (Not-MVP)

> > from shiv

> > This message group has helped me  a lot .And i hope will receive help
> > further.

> > The project in which i am working we have tried to keep the controls
thats
> > the combo or flex or list completely isloated from the Datbases.So we
have
> > middle tier which first loops all values in a collection and then the
GUI
> > loops through them using NewEnum.
> > But i have problem i achived seprating the GUI from Database by having a
> > class.But i make two loops one in class for filling collection and
second
> in
> > the GUI to take from collection.
> > Any other desing which can be helpful for me where i can avoid this two
> loop
> > encapsulate my collection and have a better design.Becuse if i want to
> fill
> > 100 records  i loop 200 times is it worth of talking object oreinted and
> > loosing effieciency

> > Please Help MVPS

> > --
> > Shivprasad Koirala

> > Griffin Marine IT Department
> > syngrou 5 athens
> > After all, on a twenty-four hour basis....
> > Marine Travel is our business
> > visit our website:  www.griffintravel.com

> > mobile (030) - 944 392 362

double loop and the reusabaility

Post by Val Mazu » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:15:44

Hi Shiv,

Idea is not quite clear for me, but why do you need to use collections? Do
you keep records in collection. It is very, very slow. What you could do is
to disconnect ADO recordset from the database (same in a middle tier) and
use that recordset as a datastore. It works fast and has some tools, like
filtering, sorting etc, which are very helpful

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

> from shiv

> This message group has helped me  a lot .And i hope will receive help
> further.

> The project in which i am working we have tried to keep the controls thats
> the combo or flex or list completely isloated from the Datbases.So we have
> middle tier which first loops all values in a collection and then the GUI
> loops through them using NewEnum.
> But i have problem i achived seprating the GUI from Database by having a
> class.But i make two loops one in class for filling collection and second
in
> the GUI to take from collection.
> Any other desing which can be helpful for me where i can avoid this two
loop
> encapsulate my collection and have a better design.Becuse if i want to
fill
> 100 records  i loop 200 times is it worth of talking object oreinted and
> loosing effieciency

> Please Help MVPS

> --
> Shivprasad Koirala

> Griffin Marine IT Department
> syngrou 5 athens
> After all, on a twenty-four hour basis....
> Marine Travel is our business
> visit our website:  www.griffintravel.com

> mobile (030) - 944 392 362

1. Double Loop in DTS

Hello Everyone,
I have looked at serveral messages and seen some stuff that I think that I
could use, but have this question. I have two tables in my SQL 7 database
that contain the file path and location of an Access Database. I also have
another table that contains the list of tables in the Access Databases. What
I was looking to do was to build a DTS package that would loop through the
first table to connect to each database and then loop through the second
table getting the data from each of the Access tables. The tables in the
different Access databases are idential, so I will need to add two columns
containing the database and table that the information comes from. How would
I go about looping through those tables getting the data into my master
table? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Jim.

2. DB2/DBA Object Technology Opening

3. From Access to SQl and now getting doubled loops

4. Question on 7.12 Optimizer

5. Double precision - double data types..

6. .exe

7. Double Precision columns not double precision

8. clustered index

9. Double the triggers double the fun!

10. Help Help For Loops and incrementing fields each loop

11. Loops will not loop any more

12. HELP (VFP3) My Loop Doesn't Loop?

13. Looping within a Loop