CGI programming with Visual Basic 5.0 - Help please?!

CGI programming with Visual Basic 5.0 - Help please?!

Post by homedirectuk.co » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I am attempting to write a cgi script using visual basic to run on a UNIX
server; the purpose of the script is to provide interactive access with a
Microsoft Access database.

My first attempt didn't work too well because (I'm new at this sort of
thing - Internet programming that is! but also because ..) I based my
program on a piece of code which was intended for running on a Windows
server! This meant that it tried to use the wrong method for accessing the
data items passed by the server to the cgi script. I found all this out
after much hair pulling!

My request is this: Does anyone know anywhere I can download a piece of
visual basic code, which I could include in my program, and which will
correctly set up the cgi environment and successfully pass the profile
string to the main routine. I would be extremely grateful for any
suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Colin.

CGI programming with Visual Basic 5.0 - Help please?!

Post by Chris Wuestefe » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

[This followup was posted to comp.lang.basic.visual.database and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

Quote:> I am attempting to write a cgi script using visual basic to run on a UNIX
> server; the purpose of the script is to provide interactive access with a
> Microsoft Access database.

Nothing that you write in Visual Basic will run on a UNIX server. End of
story.

In the future, please try to limit your posts to relevant newsgroups.
None of the ones you chose to post were appropriate; I've pruned the
worst of them myself.

Chris Wuestefeld

1. PLease someone help me, editing fields in Access database using MS Visual Basic 5.0

I am creating a Visual Basic app which will be used to test proficiency
levels for employees.  I am using MS Access as the database engine.  I have
two tables;

1.)    Employee Data: (Last Name),( First Name), (Employee Number), (Date),
(Test Score)

2.)    Proficiency Test: (Questions), (Correct Answer), (Your Answer)

How can I clear the records in the field (Your Answer) automataically when
the program is initiated?

I have been struggling with the program and I cannot seem to resolve the
problem.  data1.recordset.edit seems to be the appropriate tool, but I don't
understand how to use it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Help: Cyrillic data from SQL Server

3. Visual Basic CGI Program

4. ODBC Text Driver

5. Visual Basic CGI programs

6. Anyone do FDDI lately?

7. Please help us beta test our Visual Basic certification program

8. ODBC Connect to SQL

9. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

10. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual C++ 5.0

11. Migrating from Visual Basic 3 SQL 4.0 to Visual Basic 5.0 and/or SQL Anywhere

12. TN-NASHVILLE-68801--Visual Basic-Programming Skills-VISUAL BASIC PROGRAMMER

13. IL-Chicago-47740--Programming Skills-Visual Basic-ORACLE-DBMS-MS ACCESS-Programmer-Visual Basic + Oracle