MySQL + Sun ONE Application Server 7

Post by Joe Attar » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:53:31

Hi all,

I'm having a curious problem with the Sun ONE App server. I used to
use PointBase with my app but I've since changed to MySQL. The app
still works, except every once in a while it stops working and I get
this:

Type: Exception Report

Message: Internal Server Error

Exception

javax.servlet.ServletException
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:471)
        at _jasper._index_jsp._jspService(_index_jsp.java:168)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.jsp.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:552)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.jsp.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:368)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.jsp.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:287)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invokeServletService(StandardWrapperValve.java:720)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.access$000(StandardWrapperValve.java:118)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve$1.run(StandardWrapperValve.java:278)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:274)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:505)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:212)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:505)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:203)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:505)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIProcessor.process(NSAPIProcessor.java:157)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.service(WebContainer.java:598)

Root Cause

java.lang.StackOverflowError

If I then stop and restart the app server, everything's fine for a
while. This didn't start happening until I switched to the MySQL
driver.. any ideas?

I have the JAR file for Connector/J in my app's WEB-INF/lib directory
as well as the app server's lib/ directory.

Thanks very much,
Joe Attardi

Post by Mark Matthew » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:53:43

MySQL + Sun ONE Application Server 7

Post by Joe Attar » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:50:42

Thanks, Mark! You may have found my problem. I checked this morning
and I am using Connector/J 3.0.7. I'm going to go download 3.0.8 and
see if that helps.

Not to mention, this bit of information means I'm a lazy programmer
:-( since I wouldn't have said problem if I closed all my
connections.. ;-)

Thanks again, I'll let you know if it works.

--Joe

> Hi!

> What version of Connector/J are you using? Connector/J 3.0.7 had a bug
> when statements weren't explicitly closed that causes a recursive call
> that eventually overflows the stack. Can you try Connector/J 3.0.8 (the
> latest STABLE release)?

1. Problem connecting one SQL Server server to another SQL Server server

My objective is to make a trigger that does the following:

I have two SQL Server 2k servers, A and B. On each I have a database, lets
call the one on A as X and the one on B as Y. My objective is, whenever I
insert data into table X, a trigger is fired that deletes the old data in
table Y and populates it with the same data in X. I have the SQL script and
I know how to make triggers. I've tested it with two different databases in
the same server, but I cannot do it with two different databases in two
different servers. When I try to make the trigger, I come across the
following error:

Error 18456: 'Login failed for users NT Authority\Anonymous Logon'.

To over come this, I just ran a stored procedure sp_grantlogin for NT
Authority\Anonymous Logon, and it didn't throw that error anymore. But, it
gives another error, shown below:

Error 7314: OLE DB provider [servername 'B'] does not contain table "Y". The
table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on
that table.

I looked it up in the MS Knowledge base and found that it has something to
do with lowercase letters and service packs. Well, I tried changing the
table name to all Upper Case, but no success.

Any suggestions????

PR

2. Post / Delete Errord with Borland Delphi V4

3. Moving alerts from one server to another server in sql server 6.5

4. News from OraWorld, March 19, 1998

5. how to backup a sql server 65 server from a sql server 2000 server

6. Similar to FoxPro "AT" Statement??????

7. synchronisation between two servers (one master and one backup)

8. Default and one named instance in one Virtual Server

9. One server, multiple applications

10. One ODBC, One frontend and three SQL Server backends

11. More than one aggregation in one dimension in Plato/SQL server 7.0

12. multiple application servers talk one database