vb4 and sql anywhere

Post by Simon Hil » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I've been looking to an answer to this question for a while.
Can anybody help ?
Does visual basic 4 work with the sybase sql anywhere database ?
Thanks

Simon

vb4 and sql anywhere

Post by Steve Marvel » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I've been looking to an answer to this question for a while.
> Can anybody help ?
> Does visual basic 4 work with the sybase sql anywhere database ?
> Thanks

Yep

See "Professional Features" pg 119.

RTFM dude.

Steve "your employee" Marvell

1. Help: VB4 - RDO - SQL Anywhere 5.0

I am having problems with what should be a simple task (I think).  All I am
trying to do is use RDO to access an Sybase SQL Anywhere database.  The few
lines of code below are what I am trying.  I have been successfull
connecting to this very same database directly via ODBC API calls, so I
think I have all the right drivers, etc.

Thanks.

Dim rdocon As rdoConnection
Dim en As rdoEnvironment
Dim Connect As String

Connect$ = "DSN=SADEMO;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;DATABASE=SADEMO"
Set en = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)
Set rdocon = en.OpenConnection("", rdDriverNoPrompt, False, Connect$)

Here is the output I get from printing various variables...

Number of errors = 2
SQLRetcode = 1
SQLState = S1092
Description = S1092: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Option value out of range
Number = 0
Source = MSRDO.rdoEnvironment
Help Context = 0
****************************
SQLRetcode = 1
SQLState = IM006
Description = IM006: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
SQLSetConnectOption failed
Number = 0
Source = MSRDO.rdoEnvironment
Help Context = 0
****************************

2. database upload and renaming

3. HELP! VB4 and SQL Anywhere

4. Full text search with SEL-Server 7

5. Problem in VB4 with RDO and SQL Anywhere

6. gettables: table or view does not exist

7. DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE

8. Extended Entity Relationship paper needed

9. View problem with SQL Anywhere/Adaptive Server Anywhere

10. SQL Anywhere 7 --Adaptive Server anywhere 7

11. D4 / Sybase SQL Anywhere / Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0

12. ODBC connection to SQL Anywhere from SQL Server 6.5

13. migrate from SQL Anywhere to SQL Server?