Newby, Build .MDX on dBase3 files??

Post by Frits v/d La » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:07:39

Would like to know how or if I can build MDX indexfiles on existing dBase3
(Clipper). dbf  files
I cannot find info in the Helpfiles on (re)indexing  these files.
Database Desktop can only build NDX  which are not recognized by the Field-link
designer.

Thanks
 Frits v/d laan

Newby, Build .MDX on dBase3 files??

Post by Richard Biff » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:33:54

There is a third-party library that does this. It is called Halcyon, from
Griffin Solutions, http://www.griffinsolutionsinc.com.

  Richard

Quote:> Would like to know how or if I can build MDX indexfiles on existing dBase3
> (Clipper). dbf  files

Newby, Build .MDX on dBase3 files??

Post by M.H. Avegaar » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:10:47

You'll need a third-party BDE replacement.
For a complete list see http://www.kylecordes.com/bag/index.html.

Quote:> Would like to know how or if I can build MDX indexfiles on existing dBase3
> (Clipper). dbf  files
> I cannot find info in the Helpfiles on (re)indexing  these files.
> Database Desktop can only build NDX  which are not recognized by the
Field-link
> designer.

> Thanks
>  Frits v/d laan

1. MDX newby needs help

Hi folks,

I added "Florist" as a member property of the [Store Name] level in the
[Store] dimension of FoodMart2000. The florist is boolean so property values
are "0" or "-1"

Now I want to get the aggregated results of all stores that are florists,
for all measures.

I came up with this as my attempt:

WITH
 MEMBER [Store].[Florist] AS
  ' Aggregate( Filter( Descendants( [Store].CurrentMember,  [Store Name] ) ,
[Store].Properties("Florist") = "-1" ) ) '
SELECT
 [Measures].Members ON COLUMNS,
 [Store].[(All)].AllMembers ON ROWS
FROM
 [Sales]

It returns nulls for all measures. :(

Can anyone please explain for me how to ignore the nulls and get the
numbers?

2. Varchar to timestamp conversion

3. Consequences of limiting size of Data file and log file Newby

4. TimeField

5. How to add records to DBase3 file

6. Why not try? It works.

7. Converting DBase3+ to text files?