Oracle JVM problems

Post by Bing Zhen » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

I wrote a java program that reads/manipulates long raw fields.  It works
fine everywhere except as a stored procedure under Oracle8i.  The problems
are:
1. if I read the field into a String, the string can hold at most 64k or so
characters
2. if I read the field into a byte[], the maximum number of elements that
gets stored in the byte array is 32k or so.
3. if I read it into a ByteArrayOutputBuffer, it only reads about 32k worth
of data also.

Needless to say, it works with small amount of data but not with larger
amount of data.

I still haven't found any documentation anywhere that indicates oracle's
implementation of java virtual machine puts limit on String/Array size.  Am
I missing something obvious?  Thanks in advance for your help.