Jet engine w/o MFC

Post by Tom Park » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Can someone recommend a good reference on using the Jet Database Engine
without MFC?

Tom

Jet engine w/o MFC

Post by John McCulloug » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

You can use the DAO SDK classes which ship with VC.

John

>Can someone recommend a good reference on using the Jet Database Engine
>without MFC?

>Tom

Jet engine w/o MFC

Post by Jeff Koh » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> You can use the DAO SDK classes which ship with VC.

These also require MFC. The only way to do it in pure C++ is to use #import
or use the raw COM interfaces.

Jeff

> John

> >Can someone recommend a good reference on using the Jet Database Engine
> >without MFC?

> >Tom

Jet engine w/o MFC

Post by j_paq » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>> You can use the DAO SDK classes which ship with VC.

>These also require MFC. The only way to do it in pure C++ is to use #import
>or use the raw COM interfaces.

>Jeff

>> John

>> >Can someone recommend a good reference on using the Jet Database Engine
>> >without MFC?

>> >Tom

You can also write an MFC dll and then make calls from within
a non-MFC program to that dll.

julie

1. jet engine engine.idle

Hi

For immediate updating msaccess data in a multi user  there is a method
called engine.idle with the argument dbrefreshCache.
This works well by using it in a msaccess application.
If I use that method in vb (with linked jet engine tables) there is no
performance increasing for a multi user environment.  Why that (the method
is also supported in vb).

Can somebody help me to solve my problem

Best Regards
Thomas

2. printing on NT from Open Road

3. Help with Oracle JDBC pooling classes...

4. ODBC engine vs. Jet engine

5. Trace Flags

6. Call DAO engine method in MFC

7. Fill a list Box

8. Executing the Btrieve Engine within a 32Bit MFC App

9. How to connect to a Jet database, insert a row, and disconnect via MFC

10. Jet 4.0 and DAO 3.6 with mfc in SP3

11. JET 4.0, DAO 3.6 with MFC

12. MFC exception when opening non-Jet database file