Moving files??

Post by Johnn » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi !

Can someone please help me?
If I want a VB4 program to move files from one directory to another, how do
I write the code?
I have been using Filecopy and Kill, but it's very slow when there is large
files to move.
I hope that someone can help me.

Regards

Johnny

Moving files??

Post by InterNu » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>If I want a VB4 program to move files from one directory to another, how do
>I write the code?
>I have been using Filecopy and Kill, but it's very slow when there is large
>files to move.

Look up "name statement" in vb help file.

Neal

Moving files??

Post by Moussa Belmi » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi !

> Can someone please help me?
> If I want a VB4 program to move files from one directory to another, how do
> I write the code?
> I have been using Filecopy and Kill, but it's very slow when there is large
> files to move.
> I hope that someone can help me.

> Regards

> Johnny

  Use Name instruction. See help for usage.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Moving files??

Post by Murray Thay » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello

The mave Api could help:

Private Declare Function MoveFile Lib "kernel32" Alias "MoveFileA" _
     (ByVal lpExistingFileName As String, ByVal lpNewFileName As
String) As Long

Function MoveTo(oldFile as String, newFile As String) As Boolean
  MoveTo = False
  On Error GoTo finish
  MoveTo = MoveFile(oldFile, newFile)
  If Not MoveTo Then GoTo finish:
finish:
End Function

Best wishes

Murray

1. Moving Files from One Drive to Another with MS-SQL 7.0

With MS-SQL 7.0, is it possible to move the database files, and the
transaction log files from one drive to another drive without backing up,
and then restoring the entire database to the other drive?  I know that the
"detach" and "reattach" are now available, but do these tools exist for 7.0?

Thanks in advance!

2. Master/detail table relationship problems

3. Moving files between SQL Servers

4. are backups automatically deleted

5. Moving files from Universe HP-UX to NT

6. Anyone have a nested Cursor Problem w/7.0?

7. Move files

8. DA/DBA On-Line Newsletter - No charge!

9. Moving file from development to staging server

10. moving files

11. moving file .DAT in SQL 6.5

12. moving files

13. Moving Files w/ DTS or T-SQL