Help -- Interbase Performance moving from paradox --> Interbase

Help -- Interbase Performance moving from paradox --> Interbase

Post by Guy Vandenber » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have an application written that maintains a binary tree structure in a
paradox table. Each node in the tree has a nodeID, leftNode, RightNode and
Parent node.

I use a couple of recursive functions to navigate the tree. The functions
make use of the TTable's findKey method to move up and down the branches of
the tree.

I am starting to capture a lot of data in the database. I have constructed
the same table structure in Interbase and set up the functions to run on
the Interbase database. I imported the paradox data to the Interbase
database.

An identical call to the same routien on the same data takes approx 2
seconds to execute under the paradox table but 16 seconds to execute under
Interbase..

I am new to Interbase... Can anyone give me any pointers??

Thanks
Guy Vandenberg

please e-mail response (remove * from e-mail address)

Post by Aage Johanse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I use a couple of recursive functions to navigate the tree. The
> functions
> make use of the TTable's findKey method to move up and down the
> branches of
> the tree.

> I am new to Interbase... Can anyone give me any pointers??

TTables are usually _not_ the best way to apporach C/S databases.  If
you can use a TQuery, then do.

Aage J.

1. Formatted Memo: Paradox->Local Interbase -> Reports

Hay everyone,

I have a huge problem with Delphi (1.0).

I have to convert formatted memo-fields from a paradox-table
to local interbase. I can do this, but I still have problems
with using this interbase-fields with ReportSmith. Does anyone
have a solution for this problem.

Best regards,

Jurge van Eijck

2. ODBC driver

3. Paradox 7 -> Interbase

4. MSOLAP bug restoring dbs with activex libraries?

5. Paradox -> Interbase probs

6. WANTED: ORACLE DESIGNER/2000 EXPERT

7. Paradox newbie ---> Interbase user

8. MyCriteria is a mismatch, why?

9. * Paradox <- 3 * Novell -> Interbase

10. Paradox->Interbase conversion - free util

11. Paradox --> Interbase conversion

12. Help: Severe performance problems with Interbase