1. VB6 DAO 3.6 Copy data from Foxpro 2.6 to Access 2000
I'm trying to programmatically copy data from Foxpro DBF free tables
to Access 2000 MDB, and have fallen at the first hurdle.
I'm using DAO (will go to ADO later), and have opened my MDB in a
created Workspace. I then successfully open a database (directory where the
tables are kept)
Set dbFoxPro = WS.OpenDatabase("", dbDriverComplete, True, "ODBC;")
This pops up the ODBC dialog and I can select the dir where my dbf
files are kept.
Then when I open the recordset (DBF file) with
Set RSTFoxPro = dbFoxPro.OpenRecordset(cFoxProName)
I get this error:
3146: ODBC -- call failed
Curiously the dbfoxpro.recordsets.count is 0, but the
dbfoxpro.tabledefs.count is 22.
What am I doing wrong? Should I not be able to open an MDB, and a
DBF, and copy one to the other?
When I look at errors.count, I see that there is another error, which
[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]SQL: Column 'FAXPRT' is not
The column is obviously there, so why can it not find it?
Regards and tia
2. SP2 Problems
3. VB6, DAO 3.6, Access 97 , MDAC 2.5 and 3426 Runtime Error
4. doc fix
5. VB6, Access 95, DAO 3.6 ?
6. save space when doing imp
7. DAO 3.6 and Access 2000
8. excel to ms-sql through ADO
9. Access 2000, Dao 3.6 & dbgrid bug
10. DAO 3.6/ACCESS 2000/Edit und Locking
11. Can I use DbGrid, Dao 3.6 and Access 2000
12. Access 2000 with DAO 3.6
13. DAO 3.6 fails to compact Access 2000 databases