Converting an app to RDO from DAO.

Post by Peter Anzalon » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm struggling with converting an app to RDO from DAO.

In my test app, the user types in a query. I have a grid bound to an RDO

Data Control. When the query is "sent" to the RDO Data Control, I can't
get the grid to display the query results unless I rebind the grid
(which will destroy all the grid's column formatting).

Here's the code sample...

Private Sub btnRunQry_Click()

    MSRDC1.Connect = mRdoConn.Connect   'an already established rdo
conection
    MSRDC1.SQL = txtQry.Text   'query, eg: SELECT * FROM STATE
    MSRDC1.Refresh

'***    grid.Refresh 'doesn't display sqaut
'***    grid.Rebind 'displays records based on query, but destroys grid
column formats

End Sub

1. Converting an app to RDO from DAO

I'm struggling with converting an app to RDO from DAO.

In my test app, the user types in a query. I have a grid bound to an RDO

Data Control. When the query is "sent" to the RDO Data Control, I can't
get the grid to display the query results unless I rebind the grid
(which will destroy all the grid's column formatting).

Here's the code sample...

Private Sub btnRunQry_Click()

    MSRDC1.Connect = mRdoConn.Connect   'an already established rdo
conection
    MSRDC1.SQL = txtQry.Text   'query, eg: SELECT * FROM STATE
    MSRDC1.Refresh

'***    grid.Refresh 'doesn't display sqaut
'***    grid.Rebind 'displays records based on query, but destroys grid
column formats

End Sub

2. Seattle-ORACLE Database Architect Job (US-WA)

3. Convert DAO to RDO

4. VB Job Opening - Baton Rouge,La

5. Anyone know of an app which will convert RDO code to ADO

6. Logon problems in 6.5

7. help converting vb app from dao to ado

8. How to store and display GUID?

9. DAO standalone app to ADO web-based app?

10. Converting VB3(DAO 2.5) - VB6(DAO 3.5) Strategy Needed

11. Diferences between DAO, RDO and ADO?

12. VB6 App using RDO on Win2k

13. DAO and RDO for Access and SQL Server?