VB6 - Dataenvironment Problem

Post by Simon Par » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

I have written some code, and used the DEnvrinment for the first time.
I now want to make my connection programmatically "In Code"
so that I can import the database location from a text file.
(This helps with distribution, as I can't guarantee the location of the
databse)

At the moment, I'm using a Jet Database, but will be moving over to SQL
Server
at a later stage.

I'm really struggling with this, and any help would be appreciated.

Simon Parr

VB6 - Dataenvironment Problem

Post by Andrew Grillag » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

Here is a simple tutorial for doing ADO without the DE

http://www.concresco.com/beginner.htm

And here is a great source of help for connection strings.

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:> I have written some code, and used the DEnvrinment for the first time.