DataReport in VB6.0

Post by John Warri » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
        I have created several data reports in a database application on my
design pc and they work fine. But after compiling and distributing on a 'test'
pc, I get the following error when I try to run the report: "Failed getting
rowset(s) from current datasource"
        Everything else works fine. So I know it's not a problem with accessing
the database. I cannot seem to find anyting on this in either MSDN or
microsoft's website so I was hoping someone here may have an answer...
Thanks!!!

John

DataReport in VB6.0

Post by Stonewal » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

It could be many things.  I am just starting to do some things with the
DataEnvironment and DataReports.  Did your distribution package contain all
of the necessary DLLs for the dataenvironment and datareport?  If so, did
you change the paths for the database to the correct location on your test
pc to be the same as what the dataenvironment was set to?  Hope this helps.

>Hello,
> I have created several data reports in a database application on my
>design pc and they work fine. But after compiling and distributing on a
'test'
>pc, I get the following error when I try to run the report: "Failed getting
>rowset(s) from current datasource"
> Everything else works fine. So I know it's not a problem with accessing
>the database. I cannot seem to find anyting on this in either MSDN or
>microsoft's website so I was hoping someone here may have an answer...
>Thanks!!!

>John

1. Help,, gen single record from datareport in VB6?

Hi,,
 I am new to VB,, thus pls forgive me if my question sound stupid to you.
Currently, I working on a  program which allow user to print cheque record
from database, so i use the VB datareport designer,
 I have no problem with the database connection and I can display every
single record on the report too, But, one thing is how
can I allow user to seach the record they want and print them out instead of
print the whole database out? Is it posbile to do it in datareport
designer??
OR, can I do filtering on Form first then display the only record i want in
VB datareport designer?

ths for your time answer for question

Vincent,,

2. Need UV/NT printer help