components on databases

Post by Banque Fiduciary Tru » Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hello Netizens!

I was wondering if someone knew where I can find components on databases. In fact I would like to do
a c/s application with an OpenIngres 1.2 dbms.

In advance, thank you.

Banque Fiduciary Trust
Rue du Rh?ne, 65
1211 Genve 3

1. Q: Freeing TDBEdit component when database event occurs...

hye,

the situation is:
- I have a datasource that can be connected to differents datasets ;
- When the datasource is connected to a particular dataset,
some TDBEdit controls are created (for each dataset's field);
- Before adding new edit controls, i have to remove the olds ones
(if any, corresponding to the previous selected dataset)

the purpose is to edit different dataset in a generic form.
(just like a TDBGrid, but with single record view)

the problem is:
- I use TDataSource.onactiveChange property to detect dataset changing
( in fact I use a TDataLink object to link a particular datasource and
the all stuff) ;
If I free the old controls from within the onactivechange, I get a error
because of datasource wants to inform those controls either.

my question:
- where the freeing procedure may take place ?

my first solution ( not answering the main question):
- make a TEdit component rather than a TDBEdit, that I have to handle.
(it's work fine but I would like use lookupcombo and other DBcomponents
also, and i don't want to handle all this components...)

is there somebody hearing me ?

thanks!

Serge FANTINO

2. Slow Updates

3. Swing components are DataBase aware?

4. Local SQL Server?

5. Component Authors: We want your components!

6. VP Seeks talent

7. UpDown Component with TDBEdit component

8. DB migration from Win (cygwin) to Linux (RH 7.2): 9223372036854775807 error

9. Component Checker - Remove Data Access Components

10. why my database component can not work?

11. client component database creation

12. question on setting up database components

13. Database to Table, ADO Component - NEWBIE