Crystal Report Question

Post by Gary Labowit » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have built a Crystal report which uses data from an SQL Server database
using the Crystal Reports Control. I built it based on a copy of the
database on my local server. I now want to run it on a network.
I have set the DataFiles(x), the Database and Server names are coming in
from a DSN (which I wrote on the user's desktop using RegisterDatabase
call). I have set to Preview on Screen. When I run this locally it works.
When I run it on a network I get error 20599, which isn't in my help file.
What have I missed doing?

Must I go on-line and change the database references with SetLocation?

TIA
--
Gary (MCT, MCPS, MCSD)
http://www.enter.net/~garyl/  for references to good books

ICQ 6375624

1. this should be simple....crystal reports question.

Hi,

I have a form in VB5 which has all the data I want displayed in list boxes.
One datacontrol holds the product, another datacontrol holds all the
components related to that product etc etc

What I want to do is use Seagate Crystal Report Designer to display this
information in a crosstab query of som sort.  Yet I can't fathom the crystal
report designer method.  I need a really quick fix, so if anyone could point
out an online tutorial or something I would be so appreciative!!

It would be really easy if I could just get crystal reports to get the
recordsets from the datacontrols on my main form and use it to display the
values I need into the report.  It sounds so simple!  So why can't I do
it?!?!

Please, please someone put me out of my misery!!!!

Kind regards

Oz

Osman
ICQ: 9806432
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/~em95ooa

2. US-PA-ORDER MANAGEMENT WITH ADVANCE PRICING

3. Crystal Reports Question

4. setting up master site

5. General Crystal Reports Question

6. using linked servers to "port" an application to Oracle

7. Newbie Crystal Report question

8. Crystal Reports Question

9. Crystal Reports questions

10. Crystal Reports Questions