small project from newbie

Post by bpchi » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

i need some help!!!!!
i did a diary small project,
and use data control,
the database is create by dbase 5.0,
my databasename property is "D:\programming\diary",
so when i create a installation file,
and run in other computer, it cannot found the database,
i think maybe cause the databasename property is "D:\programming\diary",

so it always look at this directory, and i right?
so how can i change it?
if needed, i can send that source code file to yours,
those about 20k only, just a small project.
Thank.......

bpchia

small project from newbie

Post by Lorrin L. William » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Try the following line to get where the DB is:

Dim strDBPath As String

strDBPath = App.Path & "\'name of file'"

This is how I do my project so it finds it in case the user changes the
installation path.

HTH,
Lorrin L. Williams
Karma Komputing
"The Unexamined Life is not worth Living" - Socrates

small project from newbie

Post by Wim Hoef » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi Lorrin,

Sorry to interrupt, but i just read your answer to the question about
the pathname of a dbase-file (microsoft.public.vb.database newsgroup)
and i wondered if you can help me. Do you know also a possibility to use

the 'app.path-solution' or another solution when  making use of crystall

reports??

I would be very pleased if you could answer me.

Greetings,

1. my small and small project... --+

Hi...
I'm korean high school student.
(I'm afraid... can you understand total my question? ....)

my project is...
    asp(iis 3.0) + SQL server 6.5 + Visual J++ ....
It is the service site send card on reservation date...
um... if user input 98/6/18 (in reservation date form), time checking
function is always folling(?)
the database(like mail server). The mail will be sent to reciever on
reservation date 98/6/18...

the card recieved server is saved on database. the field is like as...
fromto, rcpttp, data...
they are SMTP header-field. In 98/6/18, the mail on database is sent on SMTP
system.
I'm designing SMTP. It's not easy for me...

Mail's contents are saved on database by several field I made.
I can't design adaptive(?) protocol... <<- It's my problem....
The backgound image in cards are sent to reciever ,too.
I think MIME's header field is included.... don't you?

.... I'm korean. I wish there is only one man understood my question....
the problem is SMTP(included image file). The card is on server database....

Thanks...

                seung hee. Jung

2. Writing a MEMO field using C++, ADO

3. Need FoxPro progammer for a very small project

4. Ingres equivalent of Oracle altertable

5. Small Intranet Project with Personal Oracle?

6. Log Shipping and Database Dump

7. FMP developer needed, small project

8. Fax information from your databases with one command

9. Suggestion for a small project

10. Seeking a VB6 guru for small project...

11. Oracle Consultant needed (small project)

12. A small first timer project, need opinions.