How do I populate a ComboBox with the column of a table

How do I populate a ComboBox with the column of a table

Post by Connor » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have an Access database and I want to read and write to it with MSVC5. I
would like to use a ComboBox to select a record from a table based on the
primary key. I did this with Borland C++ Builder by writing code to do it in
the window initialize function. Then I would later find the record and read
or write to it with a button control. Then I could not write to the Access
table anymore and I can't figure out why. Is there a way to do this with
VC5? I used ODBC.

How do I populate a ComboBox with the column of a table

Post by Stefan Zschock » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

For example you can use MFC, the Remote Data Control (RDC) and the DBCOMBO
(I believe they call it so) control. All this comes with VC5 enterprise
edition. It works like databinding in VB. There are a few examples for this,
one of them is BINDENRL. You should run Service Pack 2 because there are
some issues about it.

>I have an Access database and I want to read and write to it with MSVC5. I
>would like to use a ComboBox to select a record from a table based on the
>primary key. ....>

1. Populating a ComboBox from linked table

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while, but this is first time post.

I have a main call logging form, and I have plenty of combo boxes which
populate from the main incident table. However, the main table only holds
foreign keys to other tables which contain the actual 'names' which I would
like to be available in the dropdown.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm using VB6 and Access2000 database and an
ADO data control on a main form with all elements databound to a single
table's fields.

Regards,

--
Liddle Feesh
 '  O 0 o <"//><  ' o'^

2. UPDATE using JOIN problem

3. Cannot populate Combobox from table

4. Database Engine Developer opportunity- ANTs Software, potentially disruptive technology

5. Adding a new populated column in a table

6. ABF source code formatter

7. Using triggers to populate Audut columns on the same triggering table

8. problem whith printing form from DB

9. Populating a ComboBox with a SELECT statement

10. Populate Combobox

11. Populating datas in a Combobox from a datacontrol

12. Populating a VB 5.0 combobox

13. How to populate ComboBox from database